Would you buy an AZ Leaf, with 10bars? (if so how much?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toasty

used-2011-nissan-leaf-4drhbsle-8178-10465041-40-640.jpg

Would you buy an AZ Leaf, with 10bars? (if so how much?)

That also may have been a buyback?

The car fax shows this:

06/18/2011 NICB Vehicle manufactured and shipped to Arizona
07/15/2011 10 Avondale Nissan

07/15/2011 Avondale Nissan

09/01/2011 15 Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registration issued or renewed
personal vehicle
Loan or lien reported

09/16/2011 Arizona
Damage Report Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision
With another motor vehicle Damage to rear
Vehicle functional

07/30/2012 13,218 Avondale Nissan
Avondale, AZ
623-907-5000
avondalenissan.com Maintenance inspection completed
Washed/detailed
Battery/charging system/starter checked
Brakes checked
Tire condition and pressure checked

10/15/2012 16,980 ABC Nissan

01/17/2013 Arizona

02/28/2013 22,326 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Saginaw, MI

Title #279B0590462 Title or registration issued to manufacturer
05/06/2013 22,328 Auto Auction

Tennessee Listed as a manufacturer vehicle
Sold at auction

Now listed for sale...

See carfax: http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=EBZ_0&vin=JN1AZ0CP6BT005954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ad
http://www.motorcarsofnashville.com/detail-2011-nissan-leaf-4dr_hb_sl~e-used-10465041.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What would you pay for this car? Or would you avoid it?

I will never buy car from abay "private listing - bidders' identities protected" car sold but likely will be back on ebay again

I guess it would depend on my needs at the time and if I got a good deal on it. Just as an example, I've been driving the Volt for the last 2 months ever since my wife and I swapped cars. I have yet to fire up the I.C.E. in that entire 2 months. So obviously the 35 miles AER of the 2012 Volt suits my needs. So I see no reason why a Leaf with 2 missing bars wouldn't work. I'm guessing it should have about 60 miles or so of range.

The question of what it is worth is a more difficult one. I haven't been researching Leaf values. So lets just say I'd be safe to say I'd pay less than a comparably equipped Leaf with all 12 bars. $1,000 less for sure. I'd be more tempted to buy it if it were $3,000 less than a 12-bar Leaf.

It might be ready to lose the 3rd capacity bar.

Checking the battery with the Android App or a GID-Meter,
or the equivalent, might give some useful information.

What is it worth with no battery?

When would the car become basically useless to somebody?
Would a LEAF with a 40%, or 30%, battery be useful?
Possibly to somebody.

Then pro-rate the remaining useful battery life.

adric22 said:
$1,000 less for sure. I'd be more tempted to buy it if it were $3,000 less than a 12-bar Leaf.

And $5,000 less would be almost a no-brainer, assuming that you could live with the range reduction for at least a few years. I'll guess that a brand new battery replacement with exchange is going to be under $7,000, and that would make the car worth than a car with a several year old battery, even if it is still showing 12-bars.

toasty said:
Would you pay $16,000 for it?

For $16k, I would buy a brand new 2013 LEAF-S for $28,800, minus $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 California rebate. I don't know what your state offers.

That gives you a brand new, no questions asked battery.

I'd pay $12k, assuming my daily needs were well below 60 miles. I would not gamble that this car will ever meet the still unreleased Nissan capacity warranty or the unknown battery price.

If I paid $12k, and the battery were $8000, that's still more than a brand new car here. So, again, $12k with less than 60 miles daily (unless it was a cold place that required a heater, then way less than 60 miles per day).

Given it also had an accident $12k sounds fair, though I have to say I have never noticed a non-salvage leaf sell for less than $14,500

maybe I am not looking hard enough.

I would really love to get a salvage leaf battery but I have a feeling that is a pipe dream since the whole car is about the same price as the battery.

rmay635703 said:
I would really love to get a salvage leaf battery but I have a feeling that is a pipe dream since the whole car is about the same price as the battery.
There was a guy saying he had 5 wrecked Leafs and was selling parts back in December. Have no idea what he has now.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10713&start=16#p250371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10k would be nice but with the used market you probably wouldn't get it for less then 12. I sold worn out 2005 pontiac for $6,500.

TonyWilliams said:
toasty said:
Would you pay $16,000 for it?

For $16k, I would buy a brand new 2013 LEAF-S for $28,800, minus $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 California rebate. I don't know what your state offers.

That gives you a brand new, no questions asked battery.

I'd pay $12k, assuming my daily needs were well below 60 miles. I would not gamble that this car will ever meet the still unreleased Nissan capacity warranty or the unknown battery price.

If I paid $12k, and the battery were $8000, that's still more than a brand new car here. So, again, $12k with less than 60 miles daily (unless it was a cold place that required a heater, then way less than 60 miles per day).
I also wouldn't pay more than $12-14k for it. High teens gets a 1-2 year old leaf with full bars and virtually no miles, and without any idea what a battery replacement costs I wouldn't pay more than very low teens for this. Of course, I wouldn't buy a used one at high teens anyway unless no miles because a new one after tax credit is pretty cheap.

The accident doesn't really bother me, as long as I could reasonably be confident it wasn't causing frame damage or similar, but people overblow the relevance of an accident.

Back