Women prefer a LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would probably be a good idea if we cut down on bashing other BEVs.. The Volt is like a Leaf with training wheels for the anxious ones among us.. and there are lots of those.

Herm said:
The Volt is like a Leaf with training wheels for the anxious ones among us.. and there are lots of those.

I took the family out last week to a local restaurant that had just put in a charger. When we came out after dinner I noticed a Volt in the parking lot and told my wife I felt bad since we were using the only charger. She responded "Why? the Volt runs on gas, it is for people who can't commit to full EV.".

tzzhc4 said:
Herm said:
The Volt is like a Leaf with training wheels for the anxious ones among us.. and there are lots of those.
... [My wife] responded "... the Volt runs on gas, it is for people who can't commit to full EV.".
What if the Volt you saw is their secondary car ? And they were on a long distance mini-vacation in an area without QC ... so they left their LEAF at home ? (Don't assume ...)

LEAFer said:
What if the Volt you saw is their secondary car ? And they were on a long distance mini-vacation in an area without QC ... so they left their LEAF at home ? (Don't assume ...)

There is one QC in Texas and the restaurant we were at is about 10 miles from it. The Volt in question belongs to the owner of the restaurant and he doesn't have a Leaf.

As much as I can see the value for some in the volt, the one reason I'm really starting to favor pure EV's over an electric gas hybrid like the leaf is that plug in hybrids will not force the necessity for a charging infrastructure and a charging infrastructure is really the main thing standing in the way of true independence from oil, which is what really turns women on!
:)
G

mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:
What if the Volt you saw is their secondary car ?

They should be forced to run a plate frame reading..."My other car is a REAL EV". :lol:
That's a GREAT idea. :p

I am afraid tzzhc4 and I are "talking" past each other, though. I did not mean to offend ... what I simply meant to say is that your (wife's) comment about a couple driving a Volt means that they can't commit to a full EV ... well, it makes a lot of assumptions.

Don't ask me how I know ... but if you had seen that Volt in Santa Cruz, CA on May 10, 2011 ... you'd be wrong.

But I am glad to hear Texas has working QC ... now if Northern California (PG&E) could get their act together !!! :roll:

And I am glad to hear about the restaurant owner doing the right thing ! :) Even if they seem to have "chickened out" ... btw, did you know who the Volt belonged to when your wife made the comment ?

LEAFer said:
I am afraid tzzhc4 and I are "talking" past each other, though. I did not mean to offend ... what I simply meant to say is that your (wife's) comment about a couple driving a Volt means that they can't commit to a full EV ... well, it makes a lot of assumptions.
I didn't take offense. I typically don't assume but I will say my wife really doesn't like the Volt at all (she didn't like the Leaf until she drove it when they came to town in January but that is another story). I am happy to see series hybrids on the road wish they were diesel though.
LEAFer said:
Don't ask me how I know ... but if you had seen that Volt in Santa Cruz, CA on May 10, 2011 ... you'd be wrong.
In Texas their other vehicle is more than likely a diesel truck or a TDI (least that holds true for all the Leaf and Volt owners I have met so far).
LEAFer said:
But I am glad to hear Texas has working QC ... now if Northern California (PG&E) could get their act together !!! :roll:
I am glad to see QC too but so far and it is only EVGO network (79 a month with a 3 year commitment) :cry:
LEAFer said:
And I am glad to hear about the restaurant owner doing the right thing ! :) Even if they seem to have "chickened out" ... btw, did you know who the Volt belonged to when your wife made the comment ?
Agreed and the restaurant (Whiskey Keg) has good food and a awesome tap beer selection too. I didn't know until the next time I was in and mentioned it to the manager.

Back