winter range/texas

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

my 2012 with 13k mikes,all bars present.If I get in car give no regard to efficiency,run heat,defrost.jump on the highway.I get about 35-40 miles tops.is this normal.?

Yes, if you drive 75 mph and consider two available charge bars left to be empty. Or if the outside temperature is at freezing and you drive 75 mph down to the Low Battery Warning. Or if you are about to lose your first capacity bar and you drive 70 mph in the conditions above. See these charts that Tony Williams created:

When you say "all bars present" you do mean the skinny capacity bars at the far right edge of the dash, don't you? No matter how bad a shape the battery is in you will always 12 get blue and white available charge bars when you charge to 100%.

Ray

We did a trip on Sunday, 2013 SV, 44 miles 24F ambient temperature, 70-75mph, full heat and defrost. SOC was 15% at the end of the trip. Almost exactly matched the Android version of the range chart.

epic said:
my 2012 with 13k mikes,all bars present.If I get in car give no regard to efficiency,run heat,defrost.jump on the highway.I get about 35-40 miles tops.is this normal.?

Definitely need more info.. Main thing we need to know is the speed you are going. If it is 75 mph, then that is probably normal. Also, cold weather lowers your tire PSI, might want to check them and try to keep them around 38 psi or better.

Back