Window won't roll up

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeremyW said:
My driver's window has been going up very sloooooowly lately. :?

with the freezing weather we have had and sticking door handles, i haven t even tried to open the passenger window. I seriously doubt that i could close it again

Reading this thread, I was realizing that I can't remember how fast my windows go up and down. Then I realized why I can't remember: I don't think I have ever actually opened them! I've had my LEAF for a full month now, but I guess I just haven't had any reason to open a window. Now I'm afraid that if I try, I'll discover that it doesn't work very well, and be disappointed with my LEAF.

Computerizer said:
Reading this thread, I was realizing that I can't remember how fast my windows go up and down. Then I realized why I can't remember: I don't think I have ever actually opened them! I've had my LEAF for a full month now, but I guess I just haven't had any reason to open a window. Now I'm afraid that if I try, I'll discover that it doesn't work very well, and be disappointed with my LEAF.

I agree that we have had little reason to roll them down lately. I do crack my windows on milder days especially if its raining but lately, its been waaaay too cold for that!

DaveinOlyWA said:
Computerizer said:
I agree that we have had little reason to roll them down lately. I do crack my windows on milder days especially if its raining but lately, its been waaaay too cold for that!
I certainly don't open windows while out driving but I do leave them cracked in my garage to let the car dry out so that I don't have fogging problems. The air tends to be very dry here in winter so windows open just a few inches will dry the car out overnight. Melted snow on the floormats is one source of moisture in the car.

Does anyone have the notes on how to lube windows without going to the dealer...?

For what it is worth, when my LEAF was new, my buddy got in the car, and when we parked he rolled up the window, with a comment that the motor was under-engineered and seemed cheap.

Anyway, I'd like to prevent problems... So far they all work but sluggish as usual...

JimSouCal said:
Does anyone have the notes on how to lube windows without going to the dealer...?

For what it is worth, when my LEAF was new, my buddy got in the car, and when we parked he rolled up the window, with a comment that the motor was under-engineered and seemed cheap.

Anyway, I'd like to prevent problems... So far they all work but sluggish as usual...

you dont want to lube the windows exactly. spraying some silicon in the window tracks might help but think you need to take the door apart to lube anything that might help.

JimSouCal said:
I imagine you can slather vaseline all over them. Then you'll HAVE to roll them down just to see out! =)

In all seriousness, I don't recommend you attempt lubrication. It's likely a mechanical problem if they are sluggish, I recommend getting it done under warranty.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
JimSouCal said:
I imagine you can slather vaseline all over them. Then you'll HAVE to roll them down just to see out! =)

In all seriousness, I don't recommend you attempt lubrication. It's likely a mechanical problem if they are sluggish, I recommend getting it done under warranty.

-Phil

and if it's out of warranty what would you suggest now?

The driver window on my Blue 2012 is getting slower but still works. I'm afraid the day will come that it won't and I'll have to replace parts.

Back