Window Tint on your Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soviet

Has anyone put on some serious window tint on their Nissan Leaf? How much did it cost? Do you feel a noticeable difference with the in-cabin environment?

The Texas heat is right around the corner & we want to put some tint on our Leaf. We want to use a place we used for our Subaru 4 years ago that put on some illegal tint, apparently...maximum darkness & covering the AS-1 line, whatever the heck that is...but it feels great! On the sunniest of days, we have no regrets!

By "serious" I take you to mean "really, illegally dark".

I don't mean to lecture, but just keep in mind that if you are ever pulled over for any reason, police tend to get understandably nervous when they can't see in your car. This can lead to unpleasantness and having to remove your tinting could the least of it.

If you do have super-dark tint and get stopped, roll down your window and/or turn on the dome light before the officer comes over. Take that apprehension off the table and make yourself visible. You may even get a thank you and have a citation turn into a warning. ;)

And, keep in mind that there are products that can block heat without blocking so much visible light. I'm leaning towards V-Kool 70%.

Back