Why keep bugging your dealer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRONZ said:
And yes. I get the discovery that car companies sometimes skip around with deliveries based on internal needs. Happens all the time but usually not posted up as a Google Doc. I think it totally sucks but is not due to Nissan trying to personally screw over anyone. It is just the complicated reality of releasing one of the most important and fanatically desired cars in history.

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Sometimes skip around"? You must be joking. When they put Jan./Feb. orders ahead of Sept.-Dec., you call that based on internal needs? No, it isn't due to Nissan trying to personally screw anyone over, it's the incompetent morons they hired to do the roll out/reservations/ordering. I guarantee you that if the Japanese had handled this roll out for the USA, none of this would have happened.

Hey! I just saw a blue Leaf eastbound on Mira Mesa Blvd (@ Black Mtn) as I was leaving church. I couldn't catch the sucker with my Toyota Echo, and lost him as he went south on I-15. Got my old "ticker" all excited. :) :) :)

LEAFfan said:
TRONZ said:
And yes. I get the discovery that car companies sometimes skip around with deliveries based on internal needs. Happens all the time but usually not posted up as a Google Doc. . . It is just the complicated reality of releasing one of the most important and fanatically desired cars in history.

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Sometimes skip around"? You must be joking. When they put Jan./Feb. orders ahead of Sept.-Dec., you call that based on internal needs? No, it isn't due to Nissan trying to personally screw anyone over, it's the incompetent morons they hired to do the roll out/reservations/ordering. I guarantee you that if the Japanese had handled this roll out for the USA, none of this would have happened.

I don't know who was responsible, but the fact that the software programs do not directly "talk to" one another (see Leafetarian's troubles for evidence of this), it is likely a Nissan USA flub. The "internal needs" hypothesis was de-bunked months ago. This is not about matching earlier cancellations with later orders. This is about ignoring the prior orderers and creating a windfall for later orderers at the expense of earlier orders. Windfall? Yes, I call getting $5,000 paid almost instantly and getting your color choice without the harm of the earthquake affecting your color choice a windfall.

BTW, the Ford Mustang was a more fanatically desired car by a substantial margin. In a country that had 100 million less people and no internet, Ford took 22,000 orders for the Mustang on the very first day.

gbshaun,I absolutely empathize with the bypassed September through early January orders. I am most bothered by seeing folks that ordered their cars in September and October and still do not have their cars. Nissan should have fixed the mess. I do not understand why they did not. Involved are about the first 2,500 Leafs. Not a huge number to fix the sequencing. I believe that there are as many as 500 or more Leafs that have been delivered to the late January and February orders.From my calculations, if these cars had been reallocated, it would have filled all orders through the early part of January. In these circumstances, you and derkraut would have your cars by now. On a positive note, the two ships that have or will dock at Long Beach should have enough cars om them to eliminate the wait for all September through January and beyond orders.

stanley said:
gbshaun,I absolutely empathize with the bypassed September through early January orders. I am most bothered by seeing folks that ordered their cars in September and October and still do not have their cars. Nissan should have fixed the mess. I do not understand why they did not. Involved are about the first 2,500 Leafs. Not a huge number to fix the sequencing. I believe that there are as many as 500 or more Leafs that have been delivered to the late January and February orders.From my calculations, if these cars had been reallocated, it would have filled all orders through the early part of January. In these circumstances, you and derkraut would have your cars by now. On a positive note, the two ships that have or will dock at Long Beach should have enough cars om them to eliminate the wait for all September through January and beyond orders.
Add to the reservation/order snafu the logistical nightmare that Nissan USA is experiencing in trying to get these cars prepped and out.

Only 971 Leafs have been sold in the US in March and April, yet we know that by the end of March, there were somewhere around 1,500 Leafs at the port in Long Beach. So, we still have somewhere between 400 and 600 Leafs waiting to find their owners. And more are arriving any day now.

I've had my VIN since mid-March; you can see my dashboard stats in my sig. My car has been in limbo at the port for almost two months now.

Just to be clear, "internal needs" can include - we (Nissan) made a mistake but need to stay the course for very specific reasons. AND can also mean we (Nissan) do not need to explain those very specific reasons.

I think it sucks that any mistakes are made. Trust me! Instead of getting the 4th car (from 4th RAQ) at my PD, we got skipped a month until our car arrived as the 10th delivery. But trying to stay OT, calling Nissan for help was made VERY difficult and INCREASED our delay because of all the "noise" coming into Nissan CS. There is no debate that mistakes have been made, but that is NOT the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is about hourly speed dialing of PD / Nissan CS if mistakes have, or HAVE NOT been made in the first place.

LEAFfan said:

You knocked that out of the park LEAFfan. What's amazing to me is that Nissan's incompetence in this area is in stark contrast to the innovation and greatness surrounding the development and launch. This is a company (an auto company, no less) that threw away the rule book. From the use of social media, the decision to cut out the dealers initially, Mark Perry (who deserves a medal for his effectiveness in "building the buzz" in the traditional and online media), the Drive Tour (very cool), the direct mail materials (color swatches, that darn t-shirt, etc.).....they were firing on all cylinders in my opinion, al least as reasonably as could be expected in uncharted territory. These screw ups would be easy to fix, were there a "Mark Perry" in charge of the appropriate functional areas.

Come on Nissan - we're asking for transparency, honest and open communications and we, your early adopters and enthusiasts, deserve that. You can put an end to this mess starting right here on this forum anytime you choose.

uspearls said:
These screw ups would be easy to fix, were there a "Mark Perry" in charge of the appropriate functional areas.
Speaking of which, does anyone know Mark's whereabouts these days? Is he still with Nissan and, if so, why do we never see or hear from him? Ah, the good old days... of last September!

Glenn

derkraut said:
I see lots of posters here seem to be calling their dealer repeatedly, trying to ascertain the status of their delivery. Why? What good does it do? Do you really think calling your dealer will speed up your delivery? I've never called my dealer (Leon @ Mossy). I figure he'll call me as soon as my car arrives at the dealership, and is ready for pickup. Give 'em a break already! I imagine they're doing the best they can. After all----every dealer dreams of having satisfied customers. :roll:

I rather enjoy 99% of my customers. Probably 1/3 of my day is spent correcting small issues with orders, relaying that to the customers, sending off invoices to the Blink guys, handling new RAQ's, helping the sales guys where they need it, and general chit chat emails with the hundreds of LEAF customers I have that are patiently awaiting their cars.

It's the 1% of people that drive me nuts. And that's all I need to say about that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrendanDolan said:
I rather enjoy 99% of my customers. Probably 1/3 of my day is spent correcting small issues with orders, relaying that to the customers, sending off invoices to the Blink guys, handling new RAQ's, helping the sales guys where they need it, and general chit chat emails with the hundreds of LEAF customers I have that are patiently awaiting their cars.

It's the 1% of people that drive me nuts. And that's all I need to say about that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It sounds like you're having a very compressed 'Prieto' experience! Isn't it supposed to be the 'bottom' 10 or 20% of customers that cause 80% of the problems?

Yet another example of how Leafers are different from the general public. Maybe not in a good way necessarily, but different. ;) :lol:

AndyH said:
BrendanDolan said:

It sounds like you're having a very compressed 'Prieto' experience! Isn't it supposed to be the 'bottom' 10 or 20% of customers that cause 80% of the problems?

Yet another example of how Leafers are different from the general public. Maybe not in a good way necessarily, but different. ;) :lol:

Usually in sales it is the 80/20 rule. You make 80% of your money off 20% of the customers, and 20% of your customers cause 80% of your problems. LEAF'ers aren't that bad all in all, but like anything in life, some are worse than others. :lol:

Back