Why is TickTock's efficiency steadily dropping?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
TickTock said:
Sorry, I never pumped them up. The max rated pressure is 44psi and I am uncomfortable exceeding that cold. Also, I have been taking data on the gid linearity and didn't want to muddy that data. Either way, even if it does improve the efficiency, if you have to pump up the MXV4s above their Max rated pressure to approach the Ecopia efficiency then they are still inferior from an efficiency perspective.
Ah, I thought they were rated at 51psi. I doubt you'd be able to measure a difference between 40-44 psi, anyway. 36-40 psi - quite possible.

It does look like there is a 51 psi rated 205/55/16 MXV4 - it's also 3 lbs lighter and also only has 9/16" tread depth instead of 11/16". I highly suspect this tire is more efficient than the regular MXV4 most are using.(even at the same tread depth).
Interesting... So it appears I didn't get the LRR (GreenX) version of the Primacy MXV4 205/55R16. This explains why different folks have reported different experiences with this tire. Still lots of tread left. By my math I will only save $60 in electricity over the remaining life (assuming 20000 miles, increase from 3.3 back to 3.9 mpkWh from the wall, and $0.065/kWh off-peak electricity) if I switch tires so I suppose I will stick with these. Also, I *do* like the handling and despite being on the cusp of dropping my fourth bar, the LEAF still does what I need it to do (50 miles round trip commute) without any compromises in my speed or comfort.

Back