Why I Love My LEAF, is the Majority Too Silent?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks all, but I cannot take credit for it. I believe it was Paul Scott who posted this (reposted from who knows where...but that is how FB is...) which allowed me to see it.

a lot of people complain about FB and it does have issues, but it has really opened up the World to me. I am grateful.

I'm really loving the LEAF during the cold weather we've been having for the past few days. The LEAF drives great even when it's cold. No warmup necessary; it drives the same the first 10 feet as it does for the next 20 miles! The heated seats and heated steering wheel take the edge off of the cold. It's 10F outside right now; I think I'll use the android app to pre-heat the cabin before I go out today. I say "Well done Nissan!"

Nice to hear the cold weather Leaf is not turning brown.

Made some easy math for the work crowd today. I have had my Leaf for almost two years, and started thinking about how much money I have saved.

So I told them to think about this - If you drive 50,000 miles and you get 50 mpg at $3 a gallon you spend $3000 on fuel. I broke 26,000 miles recently, so half that gets me a savings of $1500. But wait a minute, my old cars didn't get 50mpg, they were doing well to get me 25mpg, so I can double that. $3000 in less than two years, and that is at $3 a gallon, not the $4 that they are spending now. It really adds up fast, even if you take away the electricity costs.

Hard to believe, and now that I have a second mode of electric transport (A Zero Motorcycle) I expect the next few months to be almost oil and gas free!

Pretty great!

I have a short commute (~5miles each way) and my ICE car would barely get warm by the time I would get to work/home, so I only have about 13,000 miles on it so far. I have owned the LEAF for 1 3/4 years, still have 12/12 capacity bars. Have noticed a little lower range, but it has been cold.

The car gets me just about everywhere in LA no problem, I love the pre-heating for the mornings (guilty pleasure). I charger a lot at 120VAC at work.

Overall still very pleased with the LEAF :D

-Matt

Have you put a Gid meter on it? You can loose a lot of battery capacity (Approx. 15%) before that first capacity bar goes away...

Lopton said:
I have a short commute (~5miles each way) and my ICE car would barely get warm by the time I would get to work/home, so I only have about 13,000 miles on it so far. I have owned the LEAF for 1 3/4 years, still have 12/12 capacity bars. Have noticed a little lower range, but it has been cold.

TomT said:
Have you put a Gid meter on it? You can loose a lot of battery capacity (Approx. 15%) before that first capacity bar goes away...

No I haven't, I am content with the range of the car and I think worrying about the GID count would get to me, so I am just going to let it run it's course. I will just use the measurements Nissan provided (I count bars more then I use the GOM) and I plan on keeping this car as long as humanly possible, so I imagine eventually I will barely be able to make it to work and back :D

The good thing is that with the quick chargers available near me it really extends the usable range of my leaf as far as I can possibly need. My family has a second car for anything outside that distance.

-Matt

Back