Where are the charging stations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPWhite said:
But .. but .. but .. they don't seem to have any J1772 stations listed. Am I doing something wrong?[
I'm speaking of plugshare, the conversation seems to have moved onto evchargermaps.com, which is sparse to say the least.

So back to my original point, plugshare seems better than most :).

Thought I would chime in on this since I was involved. EVChargerMaps is run by Tom Dowling. I created an iPhone version of this several years ago and have continued to support it. It is quite good on the older charger types particularly in CA. It has a big user community of the SPI/AVCon chargers for RAV4 and S10s out there. The comments are very up to date for those active locations. However, the infrastructure of the site is old and hard to add anything new to. Basically, Tom is not updating it much. I started adding J1772s to the iPhone version but that was too much to maintain and didn't match the web format. As of now, this website and app is still supported but no new features or much new data will be added. The back end is just not able to handle it. It is really pretty active and accurate for users of SPI/Avcon but for J1772 I would not recommend it at this point.

I have since worked with Carstations.com and we have released a new app for that site. iPhone was released last month and Android in a couple of weeks. That data backend is quite solid and comments and additions are added very quickly to the site. If you have any direct comments or feedback on it, I would be glad to take it.

We are working to integrate OpenChargeMaps data as well (Bink, DOE, and Chargepoint are done) to try to make things as up to date as possible.

Cheers.

Back