What's your long-term average energy efficiency reading?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my car nearly two months now (and LOVING it!) and my average economy has been 3.5 since I took delivery. It never changed, which made me suspicious.

At first I thought it had something to do with carwings since I usually decline to send data, so I sent data for a couple of trips but still nothing changed.

Recently figured out how to reset the average economy meter on the center display as well as the dashboard, now they change as they should Did I miss something? Was I supposed to reset the gauges upon taking delivery of the vehicle? Anyway, both numbers move now, and, like Boomer23, I'm lucky to get better than 3.3 mpkwh. But then, I just drive the car normally, not trying to be a hyper miler at all. Maybe I could use some tips. Will keep checking the board... :)

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE THIS CAR???

Cheers/73, Bert/kg4bec

N1ghtrider said:
In averaging 6.4 m/kwh on my present charge (that got me 130 miles), I upped my overall average to 5.5. I only have 1300 miles on the car and have been driving like an old lady.
Are you getting your number off the highly inaccurate carwings based screen? I pulled down to 4.9 for a couple weeks during our cold / wet days early January, and finally squeezed it back up to 5.0 miles (at the wall). It takes a lot more driving to make any movement once you're around 12,000 miles.

N1ghtrider said:
In averaging 6.4 m/kwh on my present charge (that got me 130 miles), I upped my overall average to 5.5. I only have 1300 miles on the car and have been driving like an old lady.
Wow! Ok, so South Florida no cold weather driving and relatively flat terrain; I don't think I'll ever see those numbers.

i reset mine on a regular basis and found that long term, the car's figures slowly skew to the optimistic side. realistically, its what it cost you to go that is more important to me that is why i do wall to wheels calcs as well.

now, my sig tells all and some have stated that its too confusing for some to go the "pennies per mile" route and i can understand their statement. there is inflation so a penny today is not quite a penny tomorrow

but the alternate suggestion is the gas mile equivalent?? ok, i tried that and got a rated 82 mpg in my Leaf (using 2003 gas prices) and it simply did not sound very impressive

Last month my wall to wheels was 3.62mi.kwh, and so far this month I am sitting at 3.81mi.kwh wall to wheel. Although Thursday I got 4.74mi/kwh in car, but it was also 80F for the first time in forever.. This is also for my Volt since I do not have my Leaf yet.

Back