What's the battery maintenance interval?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwatte

When I brought my Leaf in for one-year maintenance, the dealer said that Nissan now wants to see the car every 6 months to check the battery, rather than the 1 year that's in the instruction manual.
I haven't heard this from Nissan themselves.
Is this the dealer trying to get paid more, or is this actually true?

Once again, a Nissan dealer is lying...

jwatte said:
When I brought my Leaf in for one-year maintenance, the dealer said that Nissan now wants to see the car every 6 months to check the battery, rather than the 1 year that's in the instruction manual.

And by the way, it is not truly "battery maintenance". They simply review both your driving and charging behaviors to see if you are treating the Leaf in a manner conducive to battery health.

Wow! Another scam to pull maintenance dollars from a maintenance free vehicle. I'll add that to my growing list. Remember the $250 gear case oil change? And the $118 wiper blades?

jwatte, if I were you, I'd quickly look for a different dealer for any future service.

Bill

ebill3 said:
if I were you, I'd quickly look for a different dealer for any future service.

It's Boardwalk Nissan Redwood City, which is down the street from where I live. The next nearest one is Nissan Sunnyvale; maybe I'll try that one for when I need the next yearly battery reading.

DesertDenizen said:
And by the way, it is not truly "battery maintenance". They simply review both your driving and charging behaviors to see if you are treating the Leaf in a manner conducive to battery health.

But that 5-star test isn't accurate with QC. One tester used his own car and even though he never QCd, just plugged it in, they gave him one star.

LEAFfan said:
DesertDenizen said:

But that 5-star test isn't accurate with QC. One tester used his own car and even though he never QCd, just plugged it in, they gave him one star.
I'm curious why somebody would want to plug into a QC port and not use it. And it must be often enough to get a 1 star. I can't imagine plugging into QC and not charging just once would result in a 1 star on the battery report.

Volusiano said:
LEAFfan said:
DesertDenizen said:

I'm curious why somebody would want to plug into a QC port and not use it. And it must be often enough to get a 1 star. I can't imagine plugging into QC and not charging just once would result in a 1 star on the battery report.

He's a LEAF tester with ECOtality and he said he just needed to plug it in without charging. They need to count actual charging, not every time it's plugged in.

Back