What vehicle did you trade for your Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After one year of LEAF ownership and 16,900 low maintenance, low cost miles, I finally sold our 2006 Prius. The Prius was only used about 400 miles last year.

The LEAF has become a valued member of our vehicle family :D
We are really pleased with Nissan's quality EV.

We traded a 2002 Nissan Altima with a dying engine that desperately needed to be replaced. We were just happy to get rid of it without the hassle of a private sale, and the dealer did offer more than we ever dreamed we could get privately. Double bonus. :cool: It was a relief just to have it taken off our hands.

Full story in my post over on the "I got my Leaf" thread - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=181565#p181565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We sold my wife's 2004 Mazda 3s with 85k miles. Great car that got pretty decent mileage for a sporty little 5-speed (33mpg). We kept our 2008 Subaru Forester XT (5-speed) as our trip and mountain car. It gets filled up about every other month (we drive distances of over 80 miles quite often).

SuperGrover said:
We will be trading or selling a 2009 Subaru Forester XT...

Its too bad you're giving that up, its a great car :)
P.S. PM coming your way...

No trade, kept my VW Jetta 1996. With no charging stations at work, it is not possible to get rid of this. Past 8 months, i forgot to charge the LEAF during night 5-6 times and have to rely on my Jetta. Also at 10-12 times, i have to go to some other place (SFO airport etc) from work. Initial thought was to get rid of Jetta (before buying the LEAF), but now i changed my mind and decided to keep it. Even if i use LEAF for 90% of my daily commute to work, i cannot totally get rid of my old car.

No trade planned unless they offer me more than $5000 for my 2006 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with close to 112,000 miles on it. :p

I plan on keeping the gas guzzler for extended trips where big comfort or towing is a necessity. But a lot could happen in 3 months. I really want my LEAF now...

kubel said:
No trade planned unless they offer me more than $5000 for my 2006 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with close to 112,000 miles on it. :p
Cool car! A true Bluesmobile:
"It's got a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks...It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... Let's hit it." :D

TT

ttweed said:
kubel said:
Cool car! A true Bluesmobile:
"It's got a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks...It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... Let's hit it." :D

TT

I was sure to play She Caught the Katy when picking up my brother (first time he saw the car). In fact, it was oddly like the intro of The Blues Brothers, except I was picking him up in front of an airport and not a county prison. :p

Aside from killing me at the pump ($300/mo), it's been an amazing car. I just wish I had one back when gas was cheap. It parts traffic like Moses is strapped to the front push bar.

Funny story: I took the car to the dealership to get the transmission flushed a few months ago. They had to update the cars records since Livonia Police Department was still listed as the owner. But the dealership inadvertently switched Livonia's entire police fleet to my name and address. So I was listed as the owner on every one of their police cars and they didn't know how to undo it. I found this out because my bill was tax exempt. I told them I would be back to pick up a 2011 Crown Victoria and any other cars that were "mine" that I forgot about. :lol:

No trade. Replaced a 1994 Nissan Altima with over 250k miles. Hoping to get as long/much out of the Leaf!

Sold Altima for scrap. Got $300 for it. Still ran but the frame was starting to rot.

No trade. Took my 1994 Taurus SHO out of service, and plan to private sell it.
The old SHO had a bad oil leak, which it was then burning on the exhaust manifold.
Using about a quart every 500 miles.
Only drove it when we had to have two cars.
Big improvement.
My 2009 Altima (unfortunately not a hybrid because Nissan doesn't sell them here :shock: ), mostly sits in the garage. Probably use it less than 500 miles per year.
If just 20% of people in the US switch their primary vehicle (most miles drive for work commute) to a LEAF over the next 5 to 10 years, the US will become a net oil exporting country. That would help the economy more than just about anything else. Unfortunately most people don't see this vision yet.

Sold my 2000 Acura 3.2TL that thirsted for Premium ga$. I enjoyed the car -- the Navigation is 11 years older than the Leaf and was still superior in a few ways. But, at over 1,500 miles per month average, we've been saving lots of $$ not buying Plus/Premium gas... We kept our 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee -- love the 4wd and it's a very low maintenance vehicle. Fortunately, it's only a 6-cylinder, but even at that, it still has a big gas appetite although we only use it about 15% of the time depending on how much both of us are running around. I think it was well over a month until we filled the Jeep up after getting the Leaf.

Back