What part of the Leaf is this?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYLEAF

Hi all,

I've just purchased a "new" (<5000 miles, never titled, so I'll be taking the tax credit) Leaf from a dealer that bought the car from a Manheim auction. The car is currently being serviced at a Nissan dealer and cleaned, and I'm hoping to pick it up (and see it for the first time in person) this weekend. With some sleuthing, I was able to find the original auction listing for the car and some photos that went with it. One of the photos does show some damage on the car, but I can't quite figure out where on the car it is. I should note that the dealer I bought it from did not mention any damage, just that he always has his Leafs checked out at Nissan and then cleaned before allowing a customer to see it. I'm assuming that this damage will be repaired before I see the car. The car was a corporate car from Nissan in TN, which is why it was never titled.

Thanks!

lOVQB8b.jpg

Of equal concern are the elongated rust holes below what appears to be a rubber sealing strip. IF that photo came from this car, those were a hard <5000 miles...

Looks like it's just the underside of the front bumper. Possibly the rear, I'm not near my car to check, but I'm guessing it's the front. You probably wouldn't notice that scrape from standing height.

Woosie said:
Yup, underside of the front bumper. Those aren't elongated rust holes; rather that's substructure. No biggie.

You mean slits in the sheetmetal that are showing surface rust? Better, but still not impressive for a car that new. Er, wait, just what year *is* this Leaf...?

yeah, that'll buff right out ... appears to have run into a fairly high concrete barrier or parking spot curb (didn't catch the underside rubber lip)

Thank you all for your responses. This is a 2014 Leaf SL that has a build date of 12/2013. Not that new, but "New" as far as my bank was concerned (which allowed me to get a new car interest rate), and never titled, so I'll be taking the tax credit. The price was also pretty good IMO, especially considering the tax credit is still available.

Basically a used Leaf you can claim the state and fed credits on? You must be getting a killer deal.

Back