What did you learn in your recent chat session with Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nader

So, in an effort to lighten the mood around here and to give me something to do while I wait for my car to arrive I decided to probe a little deeper and try to get to know my friendly Nissan CS rep. I am bouncing every rumor I can find off of this guy and the session is going on 30 minutes.

Today was the first day I was told "on hold for accessories". Funny, because I have no accessories. Prior to that it was just "on hold"

I then asked about the super skunk Japanese pollen (aka nuclear fallout) that takes 2-5 hours to clean. Apparently that was another shipment and my car wasn't affected. Whew! ;-)

I also learned:
-That Ronald takes both calls and chat requests and can't choose one or the other. They just come to him.
-He was surprised that a LEAF could be ordered without floor mats.
-He has seen the aerial pics of the port.
-He doesn't have time to browse the web and check the discussion boards
-during our lengthy chat session my leaf went from "on hold for accessories" to "assigned for shipment" which is still an " on hold" status
-these guys type really slow. 10 words seem to take 3-5 minutes.

What's the longest chat session you've had? Aside from facts about the car or the port what else have you learned? Marital status, children, likes/dislikes, have you ever seen the car, inner workings of the call center.

I had a brief (5 min) chat with CS today, asking 2 questions.

Q1: Has my car's VCM been reprogrammed under NTB11038?

A1: If your car left port just prior to the earthquake, then the VCM was reprogrammed after it arrived in the US. That is why there were delivery delays from Long Beach. (I had been informed by Nissan of its departure prior to the earthquake.)

Q2: Is there any way for me to access the VCM software/firmware version information from my car?

A2: I do not know.

The reason (any) chat service seems to "take so long" is that they may be managing several sessions at any given time (like 4-5); that can only be complicated by the fact that these guys accept calls as well (I wonder how many of those they do simultaneously :)).

Unfortunately, based on my experience they really don't know much and I'm a bit concerned that they're not better "plugged in" to macro events surrounding Nissan and the Leaf (like the ordering process).

Stanton said:
The reason (any) chat service seems to "take so long" is that they may be managing several sessions at any given time (like 4-5);.
Or maybe if they work quickly and efficiently they just get to field more calls.

smkettner said:
Or maybe if they work quickly and efficiently they just get to field more calls.

perhaps they get paid by the call, in addition to a minimum hourly fee. Next time you talk to CS just ask them how long they have been working for Nissan.

I called once. There is no reason to call back. It was rather painful.
I have yet to read any useful information gleaned from CS from anyone.
Not even sure why there is a customer service center.

I have been trying to change my color from blue to white since Feb. Back then I was told I couldn't change because the car was in production. In April my delivery date went to July.

I called CS this morning to see if I could glean anything new. The CS rep immediately asked me if a supervisor could call me "now." Absolutely, says I. Keith called about 5 min later and said he had good news for me, that they found a white leaf for me that I should get by the end of may. :D He said it should get to the port by 5/16.

He also mentioned that he was talking to a "Sr. Nissan V.P." yesterday and the VP (who used to be in distribution) said that when he first heard that Nissan was going to give people estimated delivery dates and VINS prior to their cars actually arriving at the dealer, he "just shuddered." He may not be the only one at Nissan who thinks that was a mistake. For the next go-around, they may be more conservative on giving out this information.

In my case, even though I have been verbally told a car has been assigned to me, they aren't giving me a VIN just yet. I've got my fingers crossed.

Had an interesting conversation with Grant in Nissan Leaf Live Chat on the Nissanusa.com website. In short, those who reserved in VA in 2010 will not be able to order until Fall 2011, with delivery in early 2012. Here's the text from the exchange:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

You have been connected to Grant.

Grant: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is Grant. How may I help you today Tom?

Tom: Hi Grant. I reserved a Leaf a year ago next month. The last communication I received from Nissan was in Dec 2010 saying I would likely be able to order the vehicle during the summer of 2011. I live in VA. What's the latest on orders for those who have reserved vehicles?

Grant: VA will be able to order the Leaf in the Fall of this year.

Tom: OK. Thanks...I guess.

Tom: Delivery after order expected when?

Grant: Once you order the Leaf it takes up to 3-4 months for you to take delivery of the vehicle.

Tom: Soooo...likely delivery in 2012...18+ months after reserving. WOW.

Grant: Yes you would most likely be able to take delivery in early 2012.

Tom: Thanks for your honesty.

And this is despite Nissan supposedly ramping to full production in March 2011 and re-opening reservations again?!

Whenever I have called CS, was clear about what I wanted from them, and it was something that they could do or deal with, I have always gotten splendid help.

If you push them to guess about something that they really do not krow about, I suppose a "guess" is what you get.

Back