What Color Leaf Did You Choose?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recycledoug

I am in the midst of buying a Leaf. It has come down to the exterior color choice.... I would like the Pearl White Leaf SL. I would take the glacier white except it is not offered with the 2014 Leaf SL... Here is the problem: There are NO Pearl White Leafs located near where I live. So I have been left with the choice of Leaf's in my area with the colors of dark gray, black, blue, and the red. The dealer has done a search and there are no pearl white Leafs within 70 miles of where his dealership is.

So what color Leafs does everyone own and what was your reasoning? I looked at a red and dark gray one... These colors seem awfully bland to me... Is there any metal flake in any of these colors?

Your thoughts are appreciated... I wish Nissan would have at least had some nice leafy colors like shades of yellow, orange, deep green, lime green, chartreuse red...

I think the Leaf looks best in white, but I already have two other white cars so I had to go with something different. The red is a close second.

So I looked up the most popular colors in the North American Market:

White - 23%
Black - 19%
Silver - 18%
Gray - 15%
Red - 10%
Blue - 7%
Brown / Beige - 5%
Yellow/ Gold - 2%
Green - 2%
All other - < 1%

So I guess my first color choice is not unique at all..... I do like the white because it reflects heat the best... Does not absorb it.... And white always looks clean unless you drive it thru inches of mud !!! But I agree white can be pretty boring.... Is red still one of the most unforgiving colors from a standpoint of fading in the sun??? I like the red as well...

And by the way I guess we can all come to agreement why Nissan has such boring colors.... They kept with the top 6 colors by N. American popularity.... Too bad... i would still like to see leafy colors.... shades of: greens... yellows...reds... The Leaf would look fitting in a "bright" color... And I might add that I am a senior citizen that is saying this.... Older than the hills and twice as dusty...

Nissan's "baby blue" doesn't equal blue in my opinion. I would have loved to get a "blue" Leaf, but that horrible color they chose shot me to my backup color of silver. Even the red could have been better (think Mazda red or blue)...

I agree about the red... But the Leaf red is different...A Tomato red would look much sharper... Or even a fire engine red... Especially with a black interior..... And why no shades of brown for the interior.... brown leather would look really sharp... Even a brown fabric interior would look great.... Grey is a cold color.... Shades of brown are warm colors.... Look at the brown interior of the Chevy Volt.... It looks quite sharp with the brown suede seat inserts...

I personally hate white... My wife even once refused to take a white rental car!

asimba2 said:
I think the Leaf looks best in white, but I already have two other white cars so I had to go with something different. The red is a close second.

TomT said:
I personally hate white... My wife even once refused to take a white rental car!

asimba2 said:
All our vehicles are white, including the LEAF, primarily for the reason given by OP:
Recycledoug said:
..... I do like the white because it reflects heat the best... Does not absorb it....

I had a red 2012 Leaf and I loved it! I now have a white one and I like it slightly better. I hate silver and the blue is ugly. Everyone should have a black car but only once!

I suppose this is a ranking of the generic car colors, not specific to the LEAF. From what I see in my area, there appears to be much more blue LEAFs than any other color.

Recycledoug said:
So I looked up the most popular colors in the North American Market:

White - 23%
Black - 19%
Silver - 18%
Gray - 15%
Red - 10%
Blue - 7%
Brown / Beige - 5%
Yellow/ Gold - 2%
Green - 2%
All other - < 1%

So I guess my first color choice is not unique at all..... I do like the white because it reflects heat the best... Does not absorb it.... And white always looks clean unless you drive it thru inches of mud !!! But I agree white can be pretty boring.... Is red still one of the most unforgiving colors from a standpoint of fading in the sun??? I like the red as well...

I personally think, that I personally have no business telling you which color you like.

It's worse than that: Color "X"; everyone loves this color, therefore, you don't want to get what everyone else has. Or, color "Y"; looks good if you keep the car clean, and terrible if you don't. And so on.

Well, I have my local Leaf dealer sending out a flat bed to pick up a Pearl White Leaf 200 miles from here....
I looked at the red in the bright 90 degree day here in Ohio... The metal flake was finish was beautiful... However the heat coming off the red compared to the white finish was amazing... And since I park my car out in the direct sun light all day, there would be quite a difference....

I could have ordered a Pearl White 2015, but the Nissan incentives would not be there....

PS I am sure that if I lived in CA that there would have been enough fast chargers to make the 200 mile swap without a problem.... I think there enough charge stations on RT 71 in Ohio, but I am sure my dealer has not researched this out....

I choose Ocean Blue. However, my car is "Brilliant Silver".

Backstory:
These were identically configured '13 SLs. The dealer with the blue was 80 miles away (†) and only offered an identical deal as my local dealer who only had a silver, so I went with the local one.

Actually, the distant dealer missed out because they missed a single phone call. In email, I had I asked them to beat my local dealer in order for me to make the trip out there, and they instead came back with the same deal (even after some back and forth negotiations in email and on the phone). At that point it was 4PM on the last day of the month, and I wanted to close the deal that day. I called the distant dealer to say I had decided to go with my local dealer, and they let that call go to voice mail. 45 minutes later they emailed (and called) me saying they'd now be able to give me a better deal, but at that point I was already at my local dealer getting ready to sign paperwork.

(†) 75 of those on the highway, but halfway there is a Nissan dealer with a QC, so the homeward trip wouldn't have been a problem.

I figured that an electric car should be "electric blue" and since I knew I would have the only one in my area — still true 2½ years later — I wanted it to stand out. My friends and neighbors really like the blue and often say so. My previous cars were white, which is a high visibility color except in snow, and cooler as others have said. But I live in a cool area now and was tired of white.

I don't get the attraction of grey and black, which I consider downright ugly. And silver is boring. My second choice was the red, and I would have been ok with white. I will say that the blue doesn't show the mud and dust from my dirt roads as much as some other colors do.

I really like the electric blue as well...The Leaf has such a unique design so the blue makes the Leaf stand out the way it should.... Electric...

So I would purchase an electric blue as well.... However... My wife does not like the color blue on anything... If the Leaf was in some shade of mauve she would buy it in a second !!!! And I would not get caught (dead) sitting in it.....

Back