Website and App - someone tripped over a cord? All down.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FalconFour

The LEAF site - http://www.nissanusa.com/owners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - and the LEAF app, both seem to be down. Earlier, before this current error, I got a message about the VHOST not being configured for port 443 - so clearly someone's messing with Apache and swapped in a bad file. (yes, this is me, an EV owner, not me, a Hollywood movie "computer geek" character, saying this
forum-ego-wink.php
)

Hope this isn't "CARWINGS only responds to 1 in 10 commands, while the other 9/10 take 30+ seconds to time out" part 2...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 363
Thanks for a cold start to my commute this morning, Nissan. Yes, the site was down when I went to warm up my car. I was also going to charge for about 1/2 hour before leaving because I was a little low for my morning commute. So, I had to really hyper-mile. I'm now plugged in at work.

Yes, I could have run out in my PJs and manually turned charging on, but at about a 15 degree windchill, I wasn't going to do that.

Yep, it's up again... just as it was, as usual. Wish that some day it would go down and come back up again without greeting me with that old "congrats on your new Nissan LEAF!" message - you know, a redesign that prompted the transition downtime? :lol:

So if they end up assessing a fee for CarWings after the first 3 years, does that mean we can get a refund equivalent to the cost of the first three years that it was down since the cost was baked into the cost of the vehicle?

sigh...if only.

I've supported problematic servers and applications but seriously folks, this is bad.

ksnogas2112 said:
So if they end up assessing a fee for CarWings after the first 3 years, does that mean we can get a refund equivalent to the cost of the first three years that it was down since the cost was baked into the cost of the vehicle?

sigh...if only.

I've supported problematic servers and applications but seriously folks, this is bad.
Great idea, Tom! As you say, if only. But I have a theory as to why the site is so unreliable. Because the old site we had to use to order the car back in 2010 and 2011 was universally reviled, they downrated the designers of that site and assigned them as a maintenance team for the "New Owners" site.

Ray

Latest posts

Back