Watch a News Anchor lie about Tesla Motors.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
Fox "News" lying about alternative energy and vehicles?!? I'm shocked! Shocked, I say! Now we can't even trust Rupert Murdock!!!

Haha! I stopped watching network news in high school, and even then I wasn't paying that close attention. Mostly I couldn't stand to hear people yelling over each other, rather than just talking, so I went for online news or NPR. So having very little exposure to network news, when I hear people say such and such a news channel "tells lies," it made sense to my brain, but I'd never actually caught anyone red handed.

This is the first time I'd been able to experientially confirm what I'd been told.

The Daily Show catches them (Fox) all the time, and it saves you the horror of actually having to watch them. MSNBC also hows a lot of their lies, but they have their own pro-Obama (NOT pro-Left, except for Chris Hayes) bias. It isn't really accurate to call MSNBC the mirror image of Fox because they don't lie nearly as much (they just tend to avoid covering things that would get them in trouble with sponsors), but as a rough comparison it gives a pretty good idea of what's wrong with them. They have their own "talking points" that every show in prime time has to cover, and their own somewhat slavish devotion to their political favorites. Television news sure isn't what it used to be...

...struggling to add something on-topic: MSNBC isn't nearly as likely to tell lies about alternative energy, but their coverage of electric vehicles is sort of amusedly indifferent.

You know I couldn't even pay enough attention to catch whatever the "interesting" lie was in the ocean of lies. I've long since passed through all the stages of grief regarding them. I just let them drone on. Now it just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04[/youtube]

ALL of the media is dishonest. I was looking at the NPR news hour (rare for me) and of course the story being reported was laced with inaccuracies and propaganda.
it is the way things are in the USA these days

apvbguy said:
ALL of the media is dishonest. I was looking at the NPR news hour (rare for me) and of course the story being reported was laced with inaccuracies and propaganda.
Please elaborate, because there's a big difference between getting something wrong and knowingly trying to create a narrative that's completely contrary to reality...

=Smidge=

Smidge204 said:
apvbguy said:
Please elaborate, because there's a big difference between getting something wrong and knowingly trying to create a narrative that's completely contrary to reality...

=Smidge=

sorry, it really isn't all that important that I need to spend time to research and document the event, either you grasp the reality that everything you are presented with by the media is not news but factoids designed to condition your thinking or you accept at face value what you are told.
this isn't a liberal or conservative thing it is an us versus the agenda thing

So that's a "no" to having any specific example, then? Alrighty. Keep pretending "both sides are bad" if it makes you feel better... but don't think Fox News is anything other than a right-wing propaganda machine.

=Smidge=

Smidge204 said:
So that's a "no" to having any specific example, then? Alrighty. Keep pretending "both sides are bad" if it makes you feel better... but don't think Fox News is anything other than a right-wing propaganda machine.

=Smidge=
no it is not a NO, it is a 1. wrong forum and 2. I have no need to prove anything to you, you can choose all by yourself how you care to process what is offered to you.

Might not be the "right forum" but it's germane to the thread. besides, if you really felt it was inappropriate to discuss here, why did you bring it up? You claim that all media is dishonest and specifically call out NPR... okay, well, you can't be bothered to give one example? Suddenly it's "off topic" to finish what you started?

I'll choose to "process" what you've given me here as a sign that you're scared to discuss it further, because it might result in a confrontation with your own biases that would force you to re-evaluate your worldview.
=Smidge=

yellow.jpg

Smidge204 said:
Might not be the "right forum" but it's germane to the thread. besides, if you really felt it was inappropriate to discuss here, why did you bring it up? You claim that all media is dishonest and specifically call out NPR... okay, well, you can't be bothered to give one example? Suddenly it's "off topic" to finish what you started?

I'll choose to "process" what you've given me here as a sign that you're scared to discuss it further, because it might result in a confrontation with your own biases that would force you to re-evaluate your worldview.
=Smidge=
after checking out your participation on these forums I conclude that you sir are a troll, this is my final response to the likes of you.
“Choose your battles wisely. After all, life isn't measured by how many times you stood up to fight. It's not winning battles that makes you happy, but it's how many times you turned away and chose to look into a better direction. Life is too short to spend it on warring. Fight only the most, most, most important ones, let the rest go.”

apvbguy said:

I'd rather say that all media is inaccurate to a degree, but some media is intentionally dishonest.

Not trying to toot NPR's horn, but every other day I hear them air a correction or update to information they presented previously. I can't recall any TV news source doing that in my experience. Not to say NPR is perfect; I just tend to trust them more because they're very open about their mistakes, and they cover "everything". As a religious person, I was actually surprised how unbiased they covered religious topics, when they're clearly a secular news station.

Fox is ultra-religious, CNN seems anti-religious. Both turn me off. If NPR is pulling the wool over my eyes, they're doing a damn good job of it. I also like watching news sources on Youtube. Way more entertaining than network news!

Back