wasting money on 30 amp units ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ingineer said:
There is almost no way to "tap the lines" and use a Manzanita PFC charger.
Phil, thanks for pointing out that since the Manzanita charger is not isolated it wouldn't work as an alternative to CHAdeMO DC charging. What I actually said a couple posts earlier than the one you quoted was that it would be possible to use some sort of DC charger "like a Manzanita" - I threw the Manzanita name out there because it's the first thing that came to mind when I thought of off-the-shelf EV charging equipment. Hopefully no one took that as some endorsement or recommendation to go out and buy a Manzanita to charge his Leaf.

My point is just that, based on what you've described with your Capstone trailer, it's possible to connect to the DC bus for charging purposes without using the CHAdeMO port; and for someone stuck without CHAdeMO or for all of us stuck with CHAdeMO, as the case may be if the SAE standard wins out, this option might come in handy. I don't pretend to know the details of how this would be accomplished - I'll leave that to you ;)

Anyhow, I'll dig through my earlier posts and edit out any references to Manzanita I can find.

Back