Washington State DOT breaks ground on Electric Highway

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klapauzius said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
well, "Somewhere" had to be first and making it at either end of the "Highway" makes sense and the other option is putting one near Vancouver, WA which would be just up the road from the QC's in Portland, so i have to agree with the decision to do North over South.

besides, its like the publicity deliveries of the Leafs last December or is the ground breaking date being missed by people here??

ok, now the QC is out of the bag, lets get to the "real" installs!

I think near Seattle would have made much more sense, as most Leafs in the area are very likely near Seattle.
It seems not very thoughtful to start in places with low demand first...
I suspect that the decision to start with Bellingham had nothing to do with which site is the "best" or most "useful", but everything to do with which site jumped through all the administrative hoops first.

While chatting with the DOT rep at Plugin Day last October, she said that the administrative details (permits, easements, landlord and property owner agreements, and the like) were taking a lot longer than they expected.

Also, she mentioned that DOT is only working on I5 quick charge locations north of Everett and south of Olympia. Ecotality/Blink will be doing the quick chargers along I5 between Everett and Olympia as a part of The EV Project.

Back