Was this you??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

I got an anonymous ("Unknown Caller") but amusing voicemail ten days ago... 8:07 AM on 12/17/2011 to be precise. Somebody apparently pocket-dialed my cellphone and ended up recording four minutes of their conversation with one or two other people in what sounded like a restaurant or cafe.

So what's this have to do with LEAFs, batteries and charging? That's what the conversation was about! In fact I didn't realize what I was hearing until I heard the name "Phil" come up like this:

"I believe Phil has already done that though."
"Phil who?"
"Up in the Bay Area..."
"Oh has he?"
"Yeah, you haven't seen this gas-turbine quick charge trailer he's been working on?"
"No..."

They then started discussing how he must have managed to wire it in before the conversation ended and they went about their separate ways. The message ended with the background noise of Christmas carols.

Pretty amusing! Clearly at least one of these guys visits this discussion forum and it sounds like they're from southern California from the "up in the Bay Area" comment... so, was it you?? Hehe... if you'd like a copy of your conversation before I delete it, let me know! ;-)

What piques me is how did this person manage to accidentally dial another member of this rather small group of mynissanleaf.com members? Most likely they have my number on their phone and I only know of a few people connected to this forum who do. That also includes several people at Nissan (given the several interactions I've had this year) but alas, unfortunately I didn't hear any juicy Nissan secrets! ;-)

Fun little mystery!

LOL!

Well, TonyWilliams from San Diego and one other guy (from So Cal too?) flew up to the meeting. :) The Nissan folks were from all over but I wonder how many of them had the OP's number.

was call "unknown" or "restricted" if restricted that means someone has blocked caller id which is usually not the default option

Back