VW e-Golf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't see the regen dial needle moving, I wouldn't think there was regen on the brake system. The e-Golf brakes feel great - linear and strong, and not the least bit grabby.

The accelerator is also smooth and linear. It is very easy to drive with a light foot. Another point: the e-Golf has virtually no creep - though it does effectively have a hill hold. There is just the tiniest amount of creep, so having a very smooth acceleration rate on the pedal is key.

NeilBlanchard said:
Another point: the e-Golf has virtually no creep - though it does effectively have a hill hold. There is just the tiniest amount of creep, so having a very smooth acceleration rate on the pedal is key.

Very nice. I think an EV should have zero creep. I know others disagree, but why not make it programmable/selectable like regen is starting to be?

As a side note, my Leaf technically creeps above the posted speed limit in my marina. The car creeps at about 7mph, but the posted limit is 4mph. That's a painfully slow walking speed. (And yes, I know ICEVs creep faster than 4mph too - it's a ridiculous speed limit)

GetOffYourGas said:
NeilBlanchard said:
Another point: the e-Golf has virtually no creep - though it does effectively have a hill hold. There is just the tiniest amount of creep, so having a very smooth acceleration rate on the pedal is key.

Very nice. I think an EV should have zero creep. I know others disagree, but why not make it programmable/selectable like regen is starting to be?

As a side note, my Leaf technically creeps above the posted speed limit in my marina. The car creeps at about 7mph, but the posted limit is 4mph. That's a painfully slow walking speed. (And yes, I know ICEVs creep faster than 4mph too - it's a ridiculous speed limit)

I enter my garage at home at 0, 1, or 2 mph as indicated on the dash. I'd rather see the creep weak enough that it can't get to 3 mph on level ground. 1 or 2 mph creep is enough for me.

redLEAF said:
VW decided to offer a lower cost trim level on e-Golf ... knocked $2K off but less content

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/volkswagen-offers-more-affordable-e-golf-trim-level/

We wouldn't like a less efficient heater up here in the Midwest ... Oh, but wait, they aren't selling it here yet anyway!
Sooner than I expected. Good on the lower price and cloth seats (I routinely wear shorts), don't much care on the headlights, and you can always get optional Al wheels instead of steel. The heater details are a bit garbled, and the way the article is written it appears to be saying that they're adding a heat pump. There's nothing shown yet about the lower trim level on VW's e-Golf web page.

Okay, this article at GCC makes it clear that the heat pump is being deleted on the e-Golf Limited Edition: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2015/03/20150305-egolf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went to Sunnyvale VW today. They have this advertisement on their web site.

eGolf%20LE%20Offer_zps0k3iduoe.jpg

This is basically the corporate offer of $229/mo lease but with an additional dealer discount of about $2,500. They allegedly have about 20 e-Golfs. Cars.com says Capitol VW has 30 e-Golfs.

We are thinking about getting one to replace our 2001 Passat GLX Wagon, also purchased new from Sunnyvale. The RAV4 EV with Jdemo (purchased) and an e-Golf 3 year lease should hold us over until Model 3.

miimura said:
I went to Sunnyvale VW today. They have this advertisement on their web site.

<snip image>

This is basically the corporate offer of $229/mo lease but with an additional dealer discount of about $2,500. They allegedly have about 20 e-Golfs. Cars.com says Capitol VW has 30 e-Golfs.

We are thinking about getting one to replace our 2001 Passat GLX Wagon, also purchased new from Sunnyvale. The RAV4 EV with Jdemo (purchased) and an e-Golf 3 year lease should hold us over until Model 3.
Is the 10k miles/yr okay for you, or would you want 12 or 15k?

GRA said:
Is the 10k miles/yr okay for you, or would you want 12 or 15k?
I purchased (not leased) the RAV4 EV nearly 2 years ago and it now gets the majority of our driving. Basically, anytime the family goes anywhere together, we take that car. There has only been one instance that I have NOT taken the RAV somewhere because of range. That was for a family vacation to San Diego. Normally we would have flown, but we wanted to take the dog with us. Anyway, my RAV4 EV has only 20,000 miles in 2 years and the e-Golf would get even less mileage due to its lower range and less interior space. So, yeah, the 10k lease is no problem for us.

Finally saw (or at least recognized) my first e-Golf in the wild today, and it's as hard to I.D. as I thought. There could have been hundreds driving by that I missed. Still had the dealer tags on it.

It's always easy to spot a car that you own. Case in point - I see Insights all over the place but most people just think they are Priuses, even those who know both exist.

I expect as I see more of them, my eyes will naturally seek out the distinguishing features. That's certainly what happened with the PiP, and I can I.D. them from quite a ways now - 'chrome' strips front and rear, two lines of text on the front fenders instead of one, receptacle door on the right rear fender with 'chrome' tab at 9 o'clock. Some cars are just very tough; unless you see it from the front, the Spark EV is like that.

Back