Vent Visors?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hieronymous said:
...In either case, as for the spare tire bracket, the part can only be obtained/picked up at the local retail level i.e. the dealers don't export on to other countries, as I'm sure they don't in the States either.
If I recall correctly some people did call Australian dealer and they were willing to ship the bracket to the USA.
But the bracket was a bit expensive to start with, and shipping cost was about 50% more than the bracket cost.
I considered asking my brother-in-law to bring me one when they were in USA last year, but having a spare tire bracket as part of checked baggage seemed a bit strange and decided against it :lol:

hieronymous said:
darelldd said:
Well, there it is! Now... procurement.

Great getting the catalogue for reference! Yes, they are available - I have just ordered mine through my Nissan dealer :D

YES! Took a while, but they eventually arrived and I now have the Leaf vent visors (slimline weathershields / monsoons) fitted - one hour's labour charge. Expensive? - yes, about US$415 installed to our remote part of the globe, but you only live once.... :D

Ouch! I am glad you like them though! Can you tell me exactly how they mount? Is it taped to the outside? Or are there clips? Or A flange into the window channel? Thanks!

darelldd said:
Ouch! I am glad you like them though! Can you tell me exactly how they mount? Is it taped to the outside? Or are there clips? Or A flange into the window channel? Thanks!

Each visor has two positioning clips that insert between the upper rubber window seal and the black plastic surround of the door (not in the channel). Otherwise the visors are pre-glued with peal-off tape, and adhered to the black plastic surround. Thorough cleaning (of the black plastic) is required, and freeway speeds are not recommended for 5-6 hours to allow the adhesive to harden without wind buffeting.

Back