Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and brake system warning light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally looked some more into this inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Nd4PnY1JA&t=301s and found https://www.ebay.com/usr/kava-autoparts selling a pressure sensor for barely $40.
I just changed it out and no more buzz and now have regen braking and ESP apparently restored. Don't know why dealership could not see to just do that.

Hi,

I just want to give my experience which might be of benefit to someone sometime somewhere.

Same as that - orange EBD light on together with the 2 orange triangle lights. As they were only orange, I wasn't immediately worried. Add to the lights however was a new noise from what I might call the brake distribution module or ABS module under the bonnet of a motor spinning up for 2-3 seconds. This worried me and I suspected a broken shaft or the like in this. Addition worry later when Nissan suggested that the part would cost over 4000 euro and the car is over 3 years old so out of warranty!

Anyway, left it go for months and finally brought it to Nissan for a code read and "DTC C1142 Press. Sen. Circuit and C1A70 Brake control system" codes were returned.

The solution for them was replace the brake pressure sensor - 47240-AL500. Two of them required at a cost of 305.65 euro plus VAT. So off to the internet and found what was listed as the same part number on ebay. A lot cheaper so I took a chance and bought 2. Again time passed with the two sensors in the glovebox and finally the other day (the first sign of spring!)I went at the car. The two sensors are attached to the master cylinder and fairly easy to get at. A 24mm spanner will loosen them after the connectors are removed. However before I did anything, I just connected the new sensors to the car without putting them in to the master cylinder to see if the lights might go out on the dash. And voila! Lights out! So I removed the old ones and inserted the new ones and 2 days later all still good. The code is probably still logged in the car but that's not going to worry me.

Now that the sensors are working again the regenerative braking connecting to the footbrake is back working and more regenerative dots appear when slowing down with the assistance of the footbrake. Braking has also gone back to the slightly gerky way it was until the fault occurred.

Hope this might help in the event of a similar fault.

J.

P.S. Now I've to go away and figure out why the car is not fast charging! Anyone??
Hi. I am doing this work next week when this part arrive from China, but on it, once you remove the sensor, brake fluid would most probably start leaking? How did u manage it? BTW, my 2014 has only one sensor and as a curiosity, both lights, yellow braking warning light and VDC lit on after tyre rotation!! Go figure.
I hope I can fix the car by replacing this sensor and only this.. cheers

Back