Vancouver, WA to Seattle, WA in a LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knarlyd

I have a new 2013 Leaf SL (with just over 1000 miles on it).
I would like to see some opinions if the a trip to Seattle and back might be made in a reasonable amount of time (for an ICE car I think it's about 3 hrs.)

Referring to this link, it appears it took approx 6 hours (which seems a bit excessive):
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9170&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So here's what I envision:
100% full charge (with no heat, a/c during the entire trip)
Temps in the 70's to 80's

Leaving Vanc, WA

DC QC at:
Castle Rock, WA
Tumwater, WA
Younker Nissan, Renton, WA

On return trip perform the charing in reverse

Does 4 1/2 hours or less seem possible or is it just wishful thinking? :|

Knarlyd said:
I have a new 2013 Leaf SL (with just over 1000 miles on it).
I would like to see some opinions if the a trip to Seattle and back might be made in a reasonable amount of time (for an ICE car I think it's about 3 hrs.)

Referring to this link, it appears it took approx 6 hours (which seems a bit excessive):
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9170&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So here's what I envision:
100% full charge (with no heat, a/c during the entire trip)
Temps in the 70's to 80's

Leaving Vanc, WA

DC QC at:
Castle Rock, WA
Tumwater, WA
Younker Nissan, Renton, WA

On return trip perform the charing in reverse

Does 4 1/2 hours or less seem possible or is it just wishful thinking? :|

I found QC to always take a bit longer than advertised. Also keep in mind that once you get past 80%, it gets really slow.

But assuming that you can make all the legs of the journey (I think all of them are <60 miles) on 80% of the charge and ~ 30 minutes per QC, 4.5 h seems possible.

Or Castle Rock, Wendy's Centralia, Tacoma Market Fife. I've been able to make it from Fife to Everett w/o stopping several times maybe because the traffic slows down in the Seattle area. Wendy's and especially the Tacoma Market are nice places to stop. The time factor varies especially on weekends when there are more Leaf drivers about. We are planning to go from Vancouver to Puyallup this weekend for the Mother Earth News function this weekend.

Same, I only rec'd one fob. Called AV and they said the $19 month plan is from the date purchased, for the rest of the month. And yes, that's why I figured I could do it pretty inexpensively.

It would be interesting to see if they would send a second for free as it's not a bad idea to have a backup.

kieranmullen said:
Is this using the aerovironent $19 a month plan?

I just got my fob today. I wonder if one can clone it for a backup? Only 1 was sent.

Turnover said:
Or Castle Rock, Wendy's Centralia, Tacoma Market Fife. I've been able to make it from Fife to Everett w/o stopping several times maybe because the traffic slows down in the Seattle area. Wendy's and especially the Tacoma Market are nice places to stop. The time factor varies especially on weekends when there are more Leaf drivers about. We are planning to go from Vancouver to Puyallup this weekend for the Mother Earth News function this weekend.

Are you taking a Leaf? If so, have you done it before (and how long has it taken?)

Going to the beach the problem I have run in so far is that 80% is just enough to get you to the station with 4 miles left.

It would be nice if there was one in woodburn or wilsonville but then it would get used far too much and they might not make as much money I suppose.

Back