Vacaville is online with new Eaton QC!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
Now if only they'd install some 80A capable J1772 at these stations for the Roadster and other owners...

Unfortunately, the Roadster won't charge on an 80 amp EVSE... a firmware bug.

My work around for that is a simple switch, from 70 amp Roadster or 75/80 amp everything else.

surfingslovak said:
Peter, you might find this thread illuminating. Jeremy mentions a possible workaround as well.
sfbayleafsmnl

I don't have a Facebook account and can't access. Can you summarize the salient points?

Thanks,

- Peter

peter said:
surfingslovak said:
Peter, you might find this thread illuminating. Jeremy mentions a possible workaround as well.
sfbayleafsmnl
I don't have a Facebook account and can't access. Can you summarize the salient points?
From the link:
Jeremy Whaling said:
You might be able to reset it by flipping the power switch off and on. It's over on the right hand side of park and ride, near the RV that is always parked there. There's a knife switch on the side of the wall, flip it down then back up again to see if that resets things. I have a feeling that the feed from the mains may be a little high during the day due to the solar. This causes the unit to trip, since it's built for 200V, and it's being supplied 208 from a transformer plus whatever the local rise is due to the solar.

The latest word on the Fast DC Charger is that it is not turned on until the Opening Ceremony on 3/7 or 3/8. We'd like to be there to recognized the contribution this fast charger makes to EVs (well, at least to LEAFs and i's).

Any LEAFs or i's that would like to participate and meet up with counterparts from the Bay Area? If so, send me a message at president at sacev dot org

Guy

guythall said:
The latest word on the Fast DC Charger is that it is not turned on until the Opening Ceremony on 3/7 or 3/8. We'd like to be there to recognized the contribution this fast charger makes to EVs (well, at least to LEAFs and i's).

Any LEAFs or i's that would like to participate and meet up with counterparts from the Bay Area? If so, send me a message at president at sacev dot org

Guy

Thanks Guy,

Email sent

Luft said:
Is the camper still in the parking lot with the J1772 connector gettin' the free juice?

Yes!
Why hasn't this guy been arrested? :evil:

At least give him some training and maybe a key to the QC so he can keep it running, despite the Vacaville Curse.

Latest news is the grand (re)opening ceremony is at 10 AM on Friday, March 8. I'll be there! This will make it possible for me to make my twice-monthly trip between Davis and Berkeley in the LEAF!

It just keeps getting better... :)

So...?

Can anyone report on Friday's ceremony? How did it go?

So who is officially in charge of this new QC? It it PG&E or city of Vacaville?

And most importantly - whom do we call when it's broke?

Thanks.

Per SFBayLeafs, QC is working. City of Vacaville is responsible for maintaining. New sign posted to prohibit camper or anyone else to be plugged in if not EV (or plug-in hybrid).

Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5bfoz1p6urt6gb0/tL3xTqJ2nZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

( In case you're wondering what they are "ribbon cutting" in photo 9 of 9 (above) ... it's a Gasoline Hose :lol: )

More Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/l/ubOyAiLd41MlHjlTHpIqv8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fox40: http://fox40.com/2013/03/08/electric-car-quick-charge-station/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pic

Gotta love it! Vacaville actually passed an ordinance specifically for the RV guy! I suppose all he has to do is add a 500 watt motor to one of his wheels, then he is technically a plug-in hybrid.

They should just pass a time limit restriction. That would cover it!

-Phil

Really really wish I could have come out for this, but I was stuck down south. :cry:

Good pictures! Hope this station gets a lot of use. :)

Ingineer said:
pic

Gotta love it! Vacaville actually passed an ordinance specifically for the RV guy! I suppose all he has to do is add a 500 watt motor to one of his wheels, then he is technically a plug-in hybrid.

They should just pass a time limit restriction. That would cover it!

-Phil

really cant underestimate the impact of an effective sign. threats of fines are very effective.

sign.jpg

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2013/02/sb-5849-provide-fines-for-iceing-ev.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2013/03/tires-signs-and-fines.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good news - thanks for the update. Love how they keep going on and on about how this is the "first" QC in this place. Hmm, memory is short...

Last question - did anyone post whom to call when the thing breaks? It will be interesting to see how willing Vacaville is to maintain the thing once the PR value has been maximized.

Back