Used leaf, 12 bars, leafspy reports 16.8kwh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool thanks for those values. So if I understand this correctly my car is "right" to still have 12 bars but will probably lose one soon?

One other thing I'm noticing is that apparently I have to unplug and replug my konnwei kw902 to get the gids / kwh values to refresh. Is there a way for this to be real time instead?

Forget the GOM.
TheMarco said:
SOH:89%
Ahr: 58.61
Hx: 87.13
Those values seem about right for a car w/all 12 capacity bars.

My '13 Leaf SV that I bought used in July 2015 had all 12 bars and still does. Here's a reading of it taken yesterday:
AHr: 58.81
SOH: 89%
Hx: 89.43%

Since I live and work in hotter parts of the SF Bay Area, I'm guessing I'll lose my 1st capacity bar by end of summer this year.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=431208#p431208 has a snapshot from my former '13 Leaf SV that I was leasing back then.

TheMarco said:
One other thing I'm noticing is that apparently I have to unplug and replug my konnwei kw902 to get the gids / kwh values to refresh. Is there a way for this to be real time instead?
I can't speak to that dongle, but I don't unplug/replug my dongle (not the one you have) in order for gids to refresh. I know gids go down when I'm driving.

Is the lower right box green w/the numbers cycling?

Nevermind it started working right. Must have been some glitch at first which also made it seem I only have 16.8kwh. Charging back to 100% now to get a proper 100% full GIDS reading.

Glad to hear it sounds normal for the age / mileage. I guess I will also garage it because I'm also in the sf bay area and it can get hot here.

I love the car (it is my first ev) so I'm glad it's all normal after all and I didn't get ripped off.

You have about the same capacity as I do with my 2013 SV. My typical range is about 70 miles in mild weather, 60 miles in Cold, 50 in frigid, in mixed driving. I don't normally drive faster than 60MPH on the highway. Remember that if you need more range, slowing down to 40-45MPH is the easiest, fastest (compared to L-1 or L-2 charging) way to get it. Leaf Spy can also help you get the most range possible from the "bottom" of the pack, although I don't drive much below the first Low battery Warning.

Still, 217 GIDs on a full charge is kind of low for the SOH values shown in Leaf Spy. I wouldn't exclude the possibility of a previous reset.

Valdemar said:
Still, 217 GIDs on a full charge is kind of low for the SOH values shown in Leaf Spy
I think that's a bogus stale reading. OP: How many gids at 100% charge? Specifically,looking for once you charge to 100% (per the car's dash display) and the car itself terminates charging.

Yes it was bogus thankfully. I charged all the way and am now getting 245 GIDS, 19.0 KWh. That's pretty decent right?

TheMarco said:
Yes it was bogus thankfully. I charged all the way and am now getting 245 GIDS, 19.0 KWh. That's pretty decent right?
I can't speak to the kWh figure as I don't watch that but 245 gids isn't far off the mark from mine at 100%.

TheMarco said:

Yes, it is more in line with other data. The downside is this likely means no free replacement pack for you.

TheMarco said:
I charged all the way and am now getting 245 GIDS, 19.0 KWh. That's pretty decent right?

Yeah, and depends on what you mean by "all the wayl". ;-)
At home in the morning, after a "full" charge from my L2 EVSE, I am usually in the 239-250 range, but 240's are common.
I think "full" just means "somewhere around the max".. ;-)

When I charge on an external Blink EVSE while out, my full is always lower than that...

And I don't even bother with "full" on a quick charge. My 2012 stops somewhere around 80%, and that's usually fine.
But I know the 2011/2012 models don't negotiate well with QC units...

All in all, your numbers seem about right...

Enjoy!

desiv

Lately I've even been getting some more. 255 at 19.1KWh is the highest I've gotten so far. Not bad at all I think :)

I've started commuting with the car this week and I'm super happy!

Back