Used 2015 Leaf - Is This a Good Deal??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget619

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here, looking at a used 2015 Leaf "S" model with 17,400 miles for sale for $13,000.00. The vehicle was originally sold in San Diego and driven in San Diego. Manufactured in November 2014, first sold in December 2014. The vehicle will be used in San Diego.

It has the 6.6 KW fast charger and also the CHAdeMO charger port. Also comes with a EZ-Charge card good for free charging until December 31, 2016. Is this a good buy at 13K?

I will try to get Leaf Spy numbers on it tomorrow. Any leafers with an ODBII and Leaf Spy that might want to meet around 3:30 pm tomorrow in Mission Valley to check the battery? I'll buy you a beer and a pizza for your time!

Thanks for any advice!

It's an OK price for a 2015 but consider that 2014 Leafs are hanging around $8000 to $9000 right now and 2013 Leafs can be found under $8000.

Not a lot of difference in features or battery quality between those model years. Sure some difference but you might find it better to look for a SV/SL instead if you care about features.

You may want to compare that to new 2016 S model pricing after the tax credits. Nissan is offering 0% for six years that doesn't reduce other rebates. Need to be sure you qualify for the 7500 though. Doesn't CA still have a credit too?

Whether or not it is a deal probably depends upon supply and demand in your part of the country. I just bought a low mileage 2012 for almost $9k and there wasn't a better deal to be had in the northwest unless the car had 30,000 plus miles. The prices dhanson mentioned are a steal, but not to be had in my part of the world.

My calculations are that if the battery holds out, the car will pay for itself in diesel/maintenance savings in 3 years.

I looked at 9 Leafs, and the worst ones in terms of battery condition were from S. CA, the best from the Bay area.

Best,

LTLFTcomposite said:
You may want to compare that to new 2016 S model pricing after the tax credits. Nissan is offering 0% for six years that doesn't reduce other rebates. Need to be sure you qualify for the 7500 though. Doesn't CA still have a credit too?

Yes, California has a $2,500 state rebate.

Back