Used 2011 Leaf, 19k miles already down 2 bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost the 4th bar at 43,000 miles last summer here in San Diego. Still amazed some are getting so much more from their battery in the same area. Maybe the battery was defective. Anyway I am happy with my new battery.

So, what's the best way to guarantee I can lose two more bars before the battery warranty runs out on, yes you guessed it, 9/11/2016

Henchman said:
So, what's the best way to guarantee I can lose two more bars before the battery warranty runs out on, yes you guessed it, 9/11/2016
More temperature.
Vacationing all summer in Phoenix is one option.

But there are other ways.
A lot more multiple DCQC per day.
Each causes 5 F to 10F rise.

Do you have a really hot garage?

TimLee said:
Henchman said:
More temperature.
Vacationing all summer in Phoenix is one option.

But there are other ways.
A lot more multiple DCQC per day.
Each causes 5 F to 10F rise.

Do you have a really hot garage?

I'm in SoCal. Santa Clarita area.
I'll keep it outside, and make sure I charge it 100% all the time, every night.

Henchman said:
I'll keep it outside...
Depending on garage temperature outside may reduce capacity loss.
In particular outside night time temperature is usually much cooler than a closed garage.

Day time temperature in garage or outdoors depends on the garage and it's insulation and attic temperature.
In my case the closed garage temperature is often higher than outdoors in the hotter summer months.

mwalsh said:
Henchman said:
Recommendations for a Bluetooth ODB2?
I have an android phone.

This is the one I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BL3KQZO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Received it today, and it doesn't work.

Henchman said:
Could the warranty be void if the annual battery checks were not registered?
Would be a shame to hasten the death only to find out you're stuck with that battery (or buy a new one)

is there a way to tell if all the checks were done?
Shaun

2011 LEAF, San Diego coastal. Just lost 3rd bar @ 33k

gbshaun said:
Henchman said:
Could the warranty be void if the annual battery checks were not registered?
Would be a shame to hasten the death only to find out you're stuck with that battery (or buy a new one)

Shaun

2011 LEAF, San Diego coastal. Just lost 3rd bar @ 33k
I just had the service done.
I think I'm good.

gbshaun said:

All maintenance work done by Nissan service departments is recorded in the Nissan service records on the Nissan servers based on the Vehicle Identification #.

Back