Usable range and quick charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

So I start at 100% and make my typical 31 mile drive to work at 5am, arrive with 7 bars showing at shutdown
At 1030am I head to th store 4 miles , then drive to the quick charger 3.5 miles arriving with 5 bars
I plug in and begin charging at 45% , 92amps 330 volts, shop for 33 minutes , unplug at 86% 10 bars
Drive 3.5 miles back to work and plug in on L1 for 1.5 to 2 hours
5 min after plugging into the trickle at work I check carwings , 9 bars
I leave for the airport to pick up the mother in law at 2pm, 11 bars showing
Arrive at the Airport 7.5 highway miles with 9 bars showing , drive ,20 miles and stop to shop, drive 17 more and arrive home with 3 bars 19 miles on the gom
After shutdown and plugging into my L2 evse in the garage 2 bars lit

So even tho I charged to 100% visited a dcfc for 33 min and trickled for 2 hours I arrive home on 2 bars

I have had my leaf 35000 miles so I know what I'm doing

Leaf needs larger pack!
Chademo as much as I am happy to have is still to slow!

We need 75 to 90kw charging and 32 to 40 kwh packs

Z

I knew being with a mother in law could be a soul sucking experience, but I didn't know it could drain a battery....

Get an ELM327 OBD-II reader and the app and see how much energy you really have to work with and how much are you using.

What's your average Miles/KW during this whole day? How many capacity bars do you have left? I bet you have a 16KW pack.

Back