UC Irvine charging stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walterbays said:
hill said:
Wow ... so much negativity.
Tony knows the obstacles to L3 better than most. Like all of us he's watched the endless string of promises and forecasts while we continue to wait for the first commercial L3 charger in California... someday. But Tony also tried to put together a non-profit co-op to build our own charging stations while the companies and government agencies dithered, and in so doing learned about the obstacles. Some obstacles like California's demand charge I know, having tried myself to pencil out a plausible business plan for the non-profit. I'm sure there are other obstacles I don't know.

I think the truth is somewhere between Tony's view and the rosy view of all the press releases, and L3 will finally arrive. The most hopeful sign is that companies like EVOasis and Chargebliss know all the obstacles as thoroughly as does Tony, and they still plan to build quick charging stations and make a profit from it.
Seems as though the SAE quick charger (the one designed for NO EV's that are even in existence :lol: ) will be facing the same hurdles. That, and building the car. I think I'll stop by UCI this saturday on way to my scheduled meeting and see if parking is (sometimes) free - as suggested in one of the above posts.

hill said:
I think I'll stop by UCI this saturday on way to my scheduled meeting and see if parking is (sometimes) free - as suggested in one of the above posts.

If you (or anyone else) posts photos of the other two installations, I'd like to include them in the top post. I've only visited the Mesa Parking Structure location.

richard said:
hill said:
I think I'll stop by UCI this saturday on way to my scheduled meeting and see if parking is (sometimes) free - as suggested in one of the above posts.

If you (or anyone else) posts photos of the other two installations, I'd like to include them in the top post. I've only visited the Mesa Parking Structure location.
Student Center
Tdmrp.jpg

SSPS
nhyOM.jpg

Research Park
dRMSa.jpg

Thanks for the photos, cool.. Just added them to the top post and changed the title (made it more general to reflect that there are more than Coulomb stations now)

There are now 20 new "solar powered" stations free until June 2015 in the Anteater Parking Structure. The Blink and Chargepoint in the Research Park were also replaced by three GEs about a year ago.

bPr6utn.jpg

Back