Ubergizmo Nissan LEAF Review

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianSanDiego

Would not normally post a link but this Leaf review from May 5th is excellent.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/05/nissan-leaf-review/

"Daughter of Versa and Juke" I like it!

Thanks for posting this link. One of the best and certainly the most complete and detailed review I've read, and I agree with all of his comments.

The one thing I'd take exception to is the comparison with a Versa. He said that he had to agree with a friend who said something about the LEAF being essentially a Versa with a 3 gallon gas tank for the price of a BMW 3 Series. That is NOT true. I rented a Versa for several weeks before taking delivery of my LEAF and the difference is night and day. The Versa is the single most boring and basic new car, and has the worst acceleration and handling of any new model car I've driven. Even the Cube was more fun to drive. In comparison, the LEAF is smooth, quiet, responsive to steering (often called "turn-in") and accelerator inputs, has enough electronics (Bluetooth, XM, Nav standard, trip computers) and more in the SL model, to make the LEAF a comparative luxury car. The Versa is a completely different, entry level car to the LEAF. Any resemblance is purely superficial.

The only two actual errors I noticed were spelling and terminology. He used the words "breaks" and "breaking" when he meant "brakes" and "braking". Also, he called charging stations "chargers" at least once, which isn't accurate. The L2 charger is inside the LEAF. Both of these errors are excusable because the author isn't a native English speaker and he had friends check the story for errors.

Boomer23 said:
...The only two actual errors I noticed were spelling and terminology. He used the words "breaks" and "breaking" when he meant "brakes" and "braking". Also, he called charging stations "chargers" at least once, which isn't accurate. The L2 charger is inside the LEAF...

I see both of those types of errors in many stories about EVs.
Good to point them out so some will learn, but it seems to be a very common set of mistakes.

TEG said:
Boomer23 said:
...The only two actual errors I noticed were spelling and terminology. He used the words "breaks" and "breaking" when he meant "brakes" and "braking". Also, he called charging stations "chargers" at least once, which isn't accurate. The L2 charger is inside the LEAF...

I see both of those types of errors in many stories about EVs.
Good to point them out so some will learn, but it seems to be a very common set of mistakes.
This is exactly how language change happens ;)

evnow said:
This is exactly how language change happens ;)

Lol, evolution before our eyes.. the most complete review of the Leaf yet.

The 2012 or 2013 Versa will actually be a son of the Leaf.. not the other way around.. looks and dimensions will be close but the Leaf will still keep the electric optimized platform.

Thanks for the great feedback guys! Coming from people have researched and discussed the LEAF for so long means a lot. I wrote this review for my friend Hubert who runs Ubergizmo.com and had never done anything like this before. The reception was completely un-expected... at least for me.

I plead guilty to the charges of confusing the term charger and charging station and all other mistakes. S'cuse my French :roll: But you wouldn't believe how many mistakes my friend Bill and Brett found in the original version.

Also I agree with Boomer23 and EV's comments about comparing the LEAF and the Versa. Not a fair comparison especially if you look at interior space and equipment. For my defense I was just desperate for a comical effect.

I get the comparison between Leaf and Versa - if nothing more to compare relative shape and size. Before I took delivery, I made the same comparison myself - just to give people a rough idea of the car. I've never driven one, and certainly after driving the Leaf for 900 miles now, I can't imagine it comparing. Certainly the idea of a Versa and a Juke mating to create the Leaf made me chuckle.

Back