Two weeks left to order email (paid deposit but haven't orde

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

As a heads up, today I received this email w/the subject line "Nissan LEAF: 2 weeks left to order".

I did pay my deposit but for those who know my goofy situation (I've posted about it many times before), I haven't followed thru w/picking a dealer and the rest of the process. I'm on the fence due to my situation.
Hi (my first name),

Thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™ with a $99 reservation fee. As we expand to take orders in new markets, we are actively refunding these fees for customers who have not placed orders so that new customer demand can be met.

This is to let you know that there is still time to order. Simply log in to your account and place your order within the next two weeks if you are still interested in owning a Nissan LEAF.

If you do not complete the order process, we will be cancelling your reservation and refunding your $99 reservation fee two weeks from today. If you change your mind once your refund is completed, you are welcome to start a new reservation by creating a new online account at any time.

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-NO-GAS-EV, e-mail [email protected] or join the Nissan LEAF live chat.

Order your Nissan LEAF now

=================================================
Your reservation info:
Reserved on: 08052011
Confirmation number: (deleted)
================================
Interesting... I wonder if this was triggered for everyone (or everyone in my market) today or if it's based on some # of days that someone hasn't ordered after they paid the deposit.

Do we know how long Nissan will continue the goofy order process (vs. the normal process of buying a car), esp. for those in launch states like CA?

I reserved in NH on April 25 2010. I have been able to order here since early September but haven't placed an order because of finances. I was supposed to move to Georgia at the end of August where ordering opened up a couple of weeks before NH but that fell through. I had planned to order in GA when finances were better.

I have not received this note from Nissan CS but I would be VERY disappointed if they were to cancel my reservation. To me having that reservation number proves that I was interested from the beginning. I remain interested but circumstances are working against me at this time.

When I decided to delay my order for a couple months, I called Leaf CS to verify that I won't have to start over if I waited. They responded that I could place my order "anytime I wanted".

But it does make sense that eventually Nissan will want to clear their database of the folks that haven't either ordered or canceled. Or this might be a sign that Nissan will be phasing out the online process by tier. OP may end up getting his leaf via the traditional method. I've always assumed that the online process was only for the roll-out, and would be abandoned once it was completed.

Received this email this morning
(my first name), your reservation has been cancelled, and your $99 reservation fee will be fully refunded. Your refund should appear on an upcoming credit card statement.

We appreciate your interest in the Nissan LEAF™, and you are welcome to start a new reservation at any time by creating a new online account.

=============================================================================
Credit card number:
Ending in (deleted)

Amount refunded:
$99

Confirmation number:
(deleted)
If you have any further questions, please refer to this number
=============================================================================

Limited quantities available in select markets/states only through the online reservation system. Availability will increase with full-market rollout in 2012. One order per household address until availability increases. Credit card cancellation request processed through Maritz Holdings, Ltd.

Always wear your seat belt, and please don't drink and drive. ©2011 Nissan North America, Inc.

If your e-mail address has changed, please click here to update it.

This e-mail was sent in response to your interest in Nissan LEAF™ and will provide you information about the status of your reservation. This is not a promotional e-mail from Nissan. If you have previously elected not to receive promotional e-mails from Nissan, we will continue to honor your request and only contact you with transactional information tied to your Nissan LEAF reservation.

To view Nissan's privacy policy, click here.

Nissan Marketing
Mail Stop P3C
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003

cwerdna said:
Received this email this morning...
I received the same email today. Since the 2011 and 2012 LEAF will not be upgradeable to a 6.6kW charger, I’ll start over when the 2013 Smyrna LEAF confirms availability.

The $99 refund appeared on my credit card a little while ago, as expected.

I've placed an order again and created a new account (as required).

Back