Twig is a load hauling machine!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrradon

One of the many loads of lumber and cement.

IMGP3386.jpg

IMGP3385.jpg

Oh, hell no! Not in my LEAF. Though I did bring a 15-foot, 4" diameter iron pipe home sticking out of the back of my MGB-GT one time...a distance of about 15 miles on the highway. The pivot point was just not quite right and I had to keep it held down in the front of the car with my right arm, which was not entirely easy to do while changing gears.

One trip I got:
(2) 12' 4X8
(2) 10' 4X6
(24) 14' 2X4
(20) 10' 2X4

Way better than a pickup truck.

Well you've got us beat! But so far I'm pretty impressed with the LEAF's ability to haul us and a 160-lb service dog to Costco and return with the oversized booty. :)

Old habits die hard.... The first thing I thought of was "surely you didn't drive the car with the tailgate open like that? You would have been poisoned from sucking carbon monoxide in through the rear opening..."

Of course, that's irrelevent in an electric car. :)

Cheers, Bert

Actually, even carbon monoxide is an old habit. Modern ICE cars produce virtually none... One can't even commit suicide anymore by running a hose from the tailpipe to inside the vehicle...

kg4bec said:
Old habits die hard.... The first thing I thought of was "surely you didn't drive the car with the tailgate open like that? You would have been poisoned from sucking carbon monoxide in through the rear opening..."

Humm ... I guess I haven't tried offing myself that way recently
with a modern ICE auto.

I did not realize that the front right seat would fold down,
or did you need to remove it?

Back