Trickle charging time variances

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keylimesoda

Brand new Leaf owner.

I've noticed that sometime my trickle charging completes in <10) hours, and sometimes it seems to take the full 20.

Any reason for the wide variance? Temperatures are mostly the same, plugged into the same outlet.

Essentially, you're thinking in the right direction, but it's not double for a 15% difference in what's left. In the middle of your dash, there should be a display that shows an estimate of how long it should take to charge your car based on the level of electricity currently in the battery at that time. If you'll go to this link, you'll see a picture at the very top of the article that shows the screen I'm referring to: http://www.plugincars.com/ev-expert-says-nissan-leaf-dashboard-lacks-most-important-number-106590.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically, it shows how long it takes to charge your car using a L1 trickle EVSE and it also shows how long it'll take to charge with an L2 EVSE. Watch that screen while you drive your car.... as you use up your battery's "juice" those numbers will increase. The more you use, the longer it takes to recharge your car.

Back