TinyEVSE - $50 240V/30A L2 Charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbender said:
Actually, and at the risk of going too far afield, I don't think there is a road shape (V or "in-v catenary") that would allow a square wheel to move smoothly (meaning the center of the square moves with constant speed and with no undulation). Does anyone think or know differently?
I'd seen it before so I knew it worked, but couldn't remember the exact shape.
You were right tho, it's not really a v. My memory was a bit off..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0N8sWfpkI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

desiv

desiv said:
mbender said:
Actually, and at the risk of going too far afield, I don't think there is a road shape (V or "in-v catenary") that would allow a square wheel to move smoothly (meaning the center of the square moves with constant speed and with no undulation). Does anyone think or know differently?
I'd seen it before so I knew it worked, but couldn't remember the exact shape.
You were right tho, it's not really a v. My memory was a bit off..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0N8sWfpkI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

desiv
OK, that one has some undulation. I haven't researched whether there's a situation that has none. ;-)
Of course, my point wasn't that it would be the right solution. Just that you shouldn't necessarily force all ideas down the same path.. ;-)
(Dang, I hit quote instead of edit.. I was just going to add that to my post. Sorry for the 2 posts...)

desiv

Bob said:
I'd love to see a $50 EVSE. But how could that be possible when J1772A cords are at least $100?

Bob
OP said "The J1772 handle/cord are typically an additional $100."
In other words, you should indeed add another $100 for that. ;)

I am very interested in following what you're doing.

Sadly your blog requires a Google+ account to comment (not gonna do it, Google) so I couldn't leave a message there. I was trying to follow your design but can't get a very clear idea of what goes where or how you did any of the steps.

Could you maybe post something like an instructable?

I'm mainly interested in how you handle the microprocessor and wiring to the microprocessor. Are you drawing from a separate voltage supply to power the microprocessor? How does your code compare to the Open EVSE code?

Also, did your 3D print of the J1772 plug work?

Back