Ticked off at dealership service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joetesta

When I scheduled my appointment they told me it would take about an hour. Told my boss I'd be an hour and a half late. Took them 2.5 hours to change the hydraulic brake fluid (which I found out http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6119#p139077I really don't need after 1 year) and swap out the "in-cabin" filter. Apparently they didn't have time to test the heater, which I told them has never worked. By the time I could get out of there, I was so late for work I was ready to steal my own car. No they would not give me a ride, said it's too far. That's what I get for choosing a dealership halfway between home and work.

For the $160 they charged me, you'd think they'd bother to reset the "Battery maintenance due" alert and the other two alerts (AC filter, tire rotation). According to the guy, there is no battery maintenance, they're just testing the battery. So in summary, I should have spent $20 on a new "in-cabin" filter, if I even needed one (which I probably did not). I would have saved 2 hours and $140.

I leased this car with the intention of saving money on gas and maintenance. I'm already a bit bitter that new leases are much less costly. Then I read about Mitsubishi lowering their existing leases, and Honda removing the mileage cap. I really like the Leaf but I'm not too impressed with Nissan's consideration for the customer at this point and plan to look for an EV from a nicer company at the end of my lease.

joetesta said:
When I scheduled my appointment they told me it would take about an hour. Told my boss I'd be an hour and a half late. Took them 2.5 hours to change the hydraulic brake fluid (which I found out http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6119#p139077I really don't need after 1 year) and swap out the "in-cabin" filter. Apparently they didn't have time to test the heater, which I told them has never worked. By the time I could get out of there, I was so late for work I was ready to steal my own car. No they would not give me a ride, said it's too far. That's what I get for choosing a dealership halfway between home and work.

For the $160 they charged me, you'd think they'd bother to reset the "Battery maintenance due" alert and the other two alerts (AC filter, tire rotation). According to the guy, there is no battery maintenance, they're just testing the battery. So in summary, I should have spent $20 on a new "in-cabin" filter, if I even needed one (which I probably did not). I would have saved 2 hours and $140.

I leased this car with the intention of saving money on gas and maintenance. I'm already a bit bitter that new leases are much less costly. Then I read about Mitsubishi lowering their existing leases, and Honda removing the mileage cap. I really like the Leaf but I'm not too impressed with Nissan's consideration for the customer at this point and plan to look for an EV from a nicer company at the end of my lease.

I don't think it's about Nissan... It's all about dealers. any make will have good and bad...
My dealer gives me a new Leaf loaner for free whenever mine is in service, so if you can, pick another dealer...

UkrainianKozak said:
My dealer gives me a new Leaf loaner for free whenever mine is in service, so if you can, pick another dealer...

I asked about a loaner and was flat out told "no". Would've made my life a lot easier!
Since this is a lease, can I just go to another dealer to check out the heater, or am I stuck going to the place I got it?

joetesta said:
UkrainianKozak said:

I asked about a loaner and was flat out told "no". Would've made my life a lot easier!
Since this is a lease, can I just go to another dealer to check out the heater, or am I stuck going to the place I got it?

what city?
what dealer?

joetesta said:
UkrainianKozak said:

My dealer has always given me a Leaf loaner, and at my 1 year "service" didn't try to sell me anything.
It's not Nissan.
Find another Dealer, and tell them why.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Yup, bad dealer. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. bad reviews on DealerRater, etc, would be warranted.
Thanks. DealerRater review posted. For the time it took, you'd think they'd have reset the Alerts and at least tested the heater. The service rep told me multiple times that "they are still working on it" yet I saw it parked untouched for a good 30 minutes before they finally produced the paperwork and send me to the cashier. It seems like their paperwork systems are circa 1988.

Back