Those Blinken Lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffN

I thought one of the 3 top dash blue LEDs would always be blinking during active L1 or L2 charging and when all 3 LEDs become solid it indicates that charging has stopped (and after 15 minutes all 3 lights turn off). The LEAF owner manual seems to say this but it also says something about 80% timers that I'm not sure I understand.

Is there any situation during L1 or L2 charging where the 3 lights go solid but charging continues -- maybe because of some charge timer setting etc?

I'm trying to share access to a charging station with a LEAF and I want to switch the J1772 plug over to my car when the LEAF is done charging but I don't want to needlessly wait 15 minutes for the 3 charging LEDs to turn off.

I have Carwings set to send my phone a text message when done charging. From this I've seen that the 3 solid lights mean that charging has completed, as they come one right about the same time that the text message is sent. This does not include "cell balancing" that people have reported can happen as many as 4 hours after a 100% charge completes.

When plugging in with a timer set, the lights will light one at a time from left to right (viewed from front of car), for several minutes before turning off and waiting for the timer.

Back