The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my white SL+QC yesterday. I called my saleman 5/25 when my dashboard changed again. This time went from week of May 31 to Week of May 27. It was his day off from the dealer so he said he would find out the next day. He called me around 10am yesterday and told me he got some good news for me. I thought he might have a delivery date for me. To my surprise, he told me my Leaf had just arrived. I went there around 1 pm to get it. I left around 4:30pm with
my Leaf with only 43mile on the remianing range. I drove back to my office and drove home in freeway traffic with less than 14 miles left. I plugged in LV2 charger
when I got home so I could go back to the dealer to pick up my other car last night. I got back to 42 miles after a 2 hours charge. This morning I got a full charge showing 103. It quickly dropped down to 93 before I reached the freeway which is about 3 miles from my house. I had the AC on from the the moment I got inside the Leaf. My 18 miles drive left me with 75 left so I should be good when I go home this afternoon. I was driving it like I normally would with my other car. Speed got up to 78mph and varied with the flow of the traffic. I think it would work for me commuting without giving up any comfort such AC, radio, bluetooth. I am enjoying it so far.

Greeting everyone, I just got my Leaf SL (Blue Ocean), and wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm an Electrical Engineer in Bay Area and fit the typical Leaf owner profile, well educated, environmentally concious, and our other car is a Prius. I'm really excited to start driving the Leaf everyday and hopefully educated as many people as possible on the benefit of EV.

I got mine today! She is charging in the driveway right now.
Carwings wouldn't fire up, so I'll be back in on tuesday to get that straightened out (the tech had left for the holiday weekend already), but other than that everything went smoothly, and the car is otherwise flawless.
A big thank you to Mike Sosa at Puyallup Nissan, who has been with me through the entire process. +10!

Rake-Congrats!!! Thank you again for all your work in setting up the seat cover discount for us.

Got my Leaf yesterday. Sooooooo much to learn, so many buttons to push!

Nice car so far. Bought it, and then had a tee time with my son in an hour. Drove home from dealer, and we tried to figure out how to put 2 golf bags in the back. Might have worked in "the trunk", but I'd probably have to take the organizer out that I purchased as an accessory. Instead put them across back seat. So, yeah, kind of narrow in the rear.

Charged just fine last night with my BLINK. Gotta eat breakfast and go drive somewhere....

I got my LEAF last saturday, and haven't spent this much time off the internet and instead in the drivers seat in quite a while!

Lots of fun, having some issues with the charging sequence, but given enough tries, it works fine.

rainnw said:
I got my LEAF last saturday, and haven't spent this much time off the internet and instead in the drivers seat in quite a while!
Lots of fun, having some issues with the charging sequence, but given enough tries, it works fine.
Yeah, it's funny how actually getting the LEAF can cause you to disappear from the forum for a while... then when you start having questions you can't answer yourself, you re-discover the "Search" function back here on the forum. :)

I just got THE CALL! This is the first time I have posted on the forum, except for putting my info in the Data base, but I have been following the posts very closely (2-3 times a day!!) and have gained a lot of info. Thanks everyone!!! Because of my schedule and the need for them to charge and inspect it, I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday...but I don't care, it's here!!! When I actually pick it up I will update the Data Base!

Reserved on 4/21/2010
Ordered on 10/11/2010
Date on DB "week of May 30th"
Hoping to pick up on June 1st

Congrats to all the new LEAF owners! We've had our for a few months now and the car is just as fun as when we first got it. When I go back to our gas car it feels so old fashioned! Have fun and thanks to the great community here!

-Peter

prberg said:
Congrats to all the new LEAF owners! We've had our for a few months now and the car is just as fun as when we first got it. When I go back to our gas car it feels so old fashioned! Have fun and thanks to the great community here!

Peter: You forgot to add: "and my sincere condolences to all you poor bastids who've been waiting over a year, and are watching "lucky ducks" receiving their cars, with the $5,000 CA rebate in their pockets". :cry:

-Peter

Picked mine up late tonight. Made it home from Fontana with 33% charge remaining according to Carwings... and 24 more miles of range according to the range meter in the car.

Thanks Alex!!

P1010640.JPG

P1010643.JPG

P1010644.JPG

There was one more blue LEAF on their lot... whoever's that is...

Strange... after charging all night the carwings portal is saying it's 100% charged and I have 54 miles of range in ECO mode... that seems messed up.

When I started the car it said 73 miles range in normal D which is more in line with how I was driving last night on the freeway. Go figure.

Oops, kind of got busy and forgot to post. Took delivery on 5-31-11 of a Black SL+QC. It is pretty cool. It will be used mainly by my daughter to commute 60mi. round trip to college 4 days a week. That should not be a problem should it? I am somewhat worried during winter months when use of heater will be needed. Any insights? Mahalo

Tell her to keep it under 60 then it shouldn't be a problem. I did 50 miles back from Fontana on a freeway driving 60 or 65 and even 70 on the downhills.

Keep the "balls" to 2 or 3 or even 1 as much as possible while coasting in ECO and no prob.

I have to say, that everyone who has posted on this site has certainly helped me !! I got my cayenne red SL + QC here in Houston 5/31 and am so impressed, and am having SO much fun ! I have done ECO since the first, and dont even know what D is ! I get great results with whomever told me to set my timers at 1200am and 1150 pm to charge to 80%, and Im getting 4.1m/Kwh avg. I drive 50 miles roundtrip, and have about 3 bars left out of 10 ! I use the above advice about ONE ball above Coasting, I dont pay attention to the range (although it is VERY entertaining), I blow my A/C at 74, and it works WONDERFUL here with the 100 F heat, and get that great range. ON ECO. I have to thank all the people ahead of me on here for the advice, and I even got the EVSE upgrade going as well wiht Ingineer. Without all of you, I would have had a very steep learning curve !! THNKS !!!

cdub said:
Strange... after charging all night the carwings portal is saying it's 100% charged and I have 54 miles of range in ECO mode... that seems messed up.
Known bug. Carwings won't get an updated range value until the car is turned on. Update after turning the car on, and the number will be right. Kinda misses the point of having the range value in Carwings, but...

Back