The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kataphn said:
Just got home from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. Great buying experience. Thanks, Chris and Mark! I got to be the one to drive back to LA, a little over 40 miles in the dark on the 405 freeway. I admit I was gripping the steering wheel a little tightly.
And Connell's going to get a QC station soon and Connell says...all are welcome to use any EVSE there.

Kat

OMG I just saw the news! Congratulations, Kat! So happy that your Leaf has finally arrived! haha I too was gripping the steering wheel tightly when I drove it home from Fontana at night. And that's great news about Connell getting a QC! Wow, hope that means they'll be popping up elsewhere soon toon. yay!

Picked up our LEAF from North Bay Nissan on Sunday evening. Ron & Randy at NB provided excellent service, and I would highly recommend them! I was a little nervous driving the 92 miles from Petaluma to Stockton, especially with mostly freeway speeds, but we made it! We stopped in Rio Vista and ate dinner, adding 10 miles by trickle charge at their City Hall. They have a L2 EVSE, but it's the old paddle style. With using eco-mode, no A/C, conservative driving, and getting lucky with stop and go construction traffic on I-5, we made it with 8 miles remaining.

malloryk said:
Kataphn said:
Just got home from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. Great buying experience. Thanks, Chris and Mark! I got to be the one to drive back to LA, a little over 40 miles in the dark on the 405 freeway. I admit I was gripping the steering wheel a little tightly.
And Connell's going to get a QC station soon and Connell says...all are welcome to use any EVSE there.

Kat

OMG I just saw the news! Congratulations, Kat! So happy that your Leaf has finally arrived! haha I too was gripping the steering wheel tightly when I drove it home from Fontana at night. And that's great news about Connell getting a QC! Wow, hope that means they'll be popping up elsewhere soon toon. yay!

Great news, Kat. So excited for you two, you've weathered many a day of uncertainty and concern waiting for this day. Now to start enjoying your new LEAF. And you'll need to install all of those accessories that you've had waiting! :lol:

cinmar said:
Picked up our LEAF from North Bay Nissan on Sunday evening. Ron & Randy at NB provided excellent service, and I would highly recommend them! I was a little nervous driving the 92 miles from Petaluma to Stockton, especially with mostly freeway speeds, but we made it! We stopped in Rio Vista and ate dinner, adding 10 miles by trickle charge at their City Hall. They have a L2 EVSE, but it's the old paddle style. With using eco-mode, no A/C, conservative driving, and getting lucky with stop and go construction traffic on I-5, we made it with 8 miles remaining.

Wow, finally huh, cinmar? Sounds like a good plan for your drive home. Great job.

Now you can put your solar panels to excellent us! :)

Thanks Boomer! And thanks to all of your great advice on the forum on how to really stretch the miles. Couldn't have made the 92 miles on hills/freeways without that knowledge.

lisaleaf said:
I picked up my car this afternoon! The transaction took 3 hrs. because I still wasn't sure whether to lease or purchase. I ended up purchasing. A gentleman arrived at the same time I did to pick up his white Leaf. We were the first 2 folks to receive their cars from the Folsom dealer. I did a drive-by today at the Nissan dealer and didn't see any Leafs and was bummed, then I checked my voicemail and the salesman said my car was ready for pickup! I never got a 7 day email. Anyway, the process was smooth (considering this is all new to the guys there) and I have much to learn about this great car. Thanks Kevin & Dave for the good delivery experience. I never got the opportunity to test drive a Leaf, this far exceeds my expectations. My EV grin was huge today! I haven't been this excited since we had our EV1. I hope everyone gets their cars very soon...

VIN 1265
Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Del. 5/3/11 :D

Congratulations :)

Pretty cool...girls that rock Leafs! Thanks pksd1 & Harv for the congrats. Harv, hope to see you and your Leaf again at a meeting in the future... :D

VIN 1265
Folsomevr

cdub said:
What time are you picking up your Leaf? If it's dark....are dealers open that late?

Not sure if you are asking anyone to respond....so here's my answer. We could not get to the dealership until after work so we drove down in rush hour traffic 40 miles south of LA. We got there in pretty good time and were started on the paperwork by 6 or so. We were there till closing...about 9 pm.

Yea! Picked up ours tonight. Happy cinco de mayo everyone. :) Seemed like quite a long wait, but we were emotionally adding in a few years of aptera wait as well...

GroundLoop said:
"I got my Leaf" :)

I've never been so happy to delete a webpage bookmark in my LIFE.

Anyone want the remainder of a case of Red Bull?
Cheers!
Congratulations! Now you go all Zen-like, starting with your commute, eh?

GroundLoop said:
"I got my Leaf" :)

I've never been so happy to delete a webpage bookmark in my LIFE.

Anyone want the remainder of a case of Red Bull?
Cheers!

Congratulations Groundloop! I'm really happy to hear that you finally got it. I am however, concerned that just like artists who have to suffer to produce their best work, your comedic output may deteriorate now that you have your car. Kudos to you for some of the funniest posts this forum has ever produced.

Now, since it's "All about me" I have to get back to my own whinging. ;)

Back