The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
Here's more on my LEAF delivery today with pictures on my blog:

http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com/2011/03/our-leaf-arrives.html

Great post! Btw, when comparing to Prius like that LEAF looks beefier and tires are wider. I like it!

Congratulations Phil! We also have a Prius that we use for long trips, Hopefully I will be joining the Leaf club in the next few weeks. Nice job with the blog!!

Mitch

I got my LEAF today ! A day early, and the first in West Texas.

The RED looks better than I expected....

No engine noise, no rumble, ..... it is easy to speed with this car.

Leaf delivery 2.0 was a success. I arrived at the dealership at about 7:30pm and the service department was long gone, but sales was open and I was able to turn in my courtesy car and pick up my Leaf. Pretty uneventful. There was no driving out of the fancy garage they had my car parked in yesterday. It was just sitting out in the lot next to the AV charger. I got in and with all the fussing around the range estimate on a full charge was 73 miles. Within a mile it was up to 90 miles, and I think it peaked at about 92 or 93 when I got onto the freeway onramp. I set the CC at 55 just to see what it would do and it stabilized at 90 and actually sat there for about 8-9 miles. After a 32 mile drive home it showed 79 miles remaining. So I used 11 miles on a 32 mile drive (or you can say I gained 6). Now its time for my EVSE upgrade. Let the fun begin.

I officially have mine now! Got it home about 4:30pm today.

Campbell Nelson Nissan (Lynnwood, WA) was great, all numbers lined up with what they said before, no pressure to add on anything, smooth transaction. They went over all the details about the car with my wife to make her comfortable to drive it home on her own.

Of course, when I first plugged it in, the Blink decided it needed to reboot suddenly. Twice. But it's charging now, so fingers crossed. I think my posts are now going to shift over to the "blink problems" threads... :)

Can't wait to spend the weekend playing.

blorg said:
I officially have mine now! Got it home about 4:30pm today.
Campbell Nelson Nissan (Lynnwood, WA) was great, all numbers lined up with what they said before, no pressure to add on anything, smooth transaction. They went over all the details about the car with my wife to make her comfortable to drive it home on her own.
Congrats! We live just northeast of Lynnwood and will be getting ours in just under a month. We are also going through Campbell Nelson, and so are encouraged regarding the smoothness of your transaction (this is our first new car purchase). All our interactions with the dealership thus far have left me feeling pretty good about my choice. They even let us take their demo out for an hour or two, which I thought was very helpful in letting us decide for ourselves that the Leaf was a good fit for our needs.

We just saw a Cayenne Red Leaf on the road last night, in South Everett, from Rairdon's (if you are reading this, yes I am that crazy guy in the Mazda who drove alongside you for a long ways, and then followed you down 128th before continuing on home). After checking out the spreadsheet, I could not figure out who it might be, but it certainly got me excited for when we finally take delivery ourselves.

Anyways, have fun tinkering this weekend! :D

Got mine Friday night from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa, CA. Chris Klee handled the details. Very helpful. We love it so far. It is a struggle to find any charging stations. I am using trickle charge for now and since I only commute 35 miles round trip and my husband has a hybrid, we can still go where we want. I think the car will be more usable for long distances once the whole charge station situation has improved. I am on the internet and am having trouble finding charge stations. They seem to be only at the dealer. Connell's has several but they are only level two and they don't anticipate a level three for several months. Leviton doesn't have a level 2 home charging system coming out until the fall. Aerovironment seems to be the only game in town for home charging at the intermediate level but I don't need that now.

Would love a list of available southern california level 3 charging stations but I can't seem to find it. Carwings is slow and laborious and rather unhelpful.

I am sure things will be better but a bit disappointed by the lack of infrastructure.

drlesley said:
Would love a list of available southern california level 3 charging stations but I can't seem to find it.
The list of Level 3 is easy... there are none :(

South Coast Plaza has free L2 in the Nordstrom structure and one off Bear Street under Crate and Barrel.

Here are a few L2:
https://www.chargepointportal.net/index.php/device/devicelocation.html
Enter your zip and a radius

I think Google maps can display some but many could be non J connectors

Back