The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine Friday except the VSP speaker was defective so I couldn't drive it home from Dealer because they said they couldn't release it with a defective VSP. Hopefully the part arrives today and I can drive it home.

That must be heartbreaking... My dealer says they just got invoiced, so my car should be here tomorrow or Wednesday!

OMG, I just got a call from the dealer that my car just arrived on a truck. I may be able to pick it up tonight. **faint**

Sadly, they're making me wait until the morning. Apparently their pre-release checklist calls for a full 8 hour charge before they can release it to me. :(

akohekohe said:
Got mine Friday except the VSP speaker was defective so I couldn't drive it home from Dealer because they said they couldn't release it with a defective VSP. Hopefully the part arrives today and I can drive it home.

Well couldn't get it today either ... the said the part arrived too late to install it today ... will have to wait until tomorrow. I was able to get them to send in the registration info to DMV. This is important since I can't get my $5,000 rebate from the state until it is registered and the fund only has $1,000,000 which is only 200 cars. There are other electric cars being sold here in addition to the LEAF so it will pay to apply for the rebate ASAP.

I feel for you, having to wait. Not sure what you mean about the cvrp fund only having $1mil left. According to the cvrp thread, it's got $6mil left still. They added more money recently.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=921

EDIT: Never mind. You're not talking about California... Duh.

I'm at the dealership right now, waiting for them to finish the paperwork. Took it for a little spin first - nice! I'll post more after I've had it for a while...

Woot! I've got it at long last. So far so good, though there's definitely a few things I need to figure out. I'll search for the appropriate threads and post there later tonight. I will say this, it's blue-er than I expected. The pictures all looked kinda light, but it's more bright...

MrZorg said:
Woot! I've got it at long last. So far so good, though there's definitely a few things I need to figure out. I'll search for the appropriate threads and post there later tonight. I will say this, it's blue-er than I expected. The pictures all looked kinda light, but it's more bright...
Congrats...now stop typing and start driving!! :D You're EV grin should last awhile!!

Hi All!
Got the call Monday 02/14 at 4:30 PM. Picked up my LEAF Valentine's Evening! :D
Thanks to Danny and Fontana Nissan! Got there at 7 PM and left at 11 PM!

Great things are moving again. Prospects for getting my Leaf in 2 weeks looking good.

Feb deliveries, though, will be very small. Much smaller than Jan.

Ok, I now have it. It appears my LEAF is only the second one in the state. More are coming soon though. Can't wait until I get my EV plates so I can avail myself of the free parking (all state or county owned parking lots are free for electric vehicles here in the Aloha state).

akohekohe said:
Ok, I now have it. It appears my LEAF is only the second one in the state. More are coming soon though. Can't wait until I get my EV plates so I can avail myself of the free parking (all state or county owned parking lots are free for electric vehicles here in the Aloha state).
Congrats. Time to change the avatar ? ;)

akohekohe said:
Can't wait until I get my EV plates so I can avail myself of the free parking (all state or county owned parking lots are free for electric vehicles here in the Aloha state).

Hmm... may need to put me and the LEAF on a boat destined for Maui yet.

Congratulations and take some pics of the LEAF under a palm tree please.. those of us stuck in the rain in Seattle could use that sight.

OMG, my Carwings just opened and I have VIN #531. Could it be I really WILL get my "Sally" in March....OMG!

BTW, anyone who has got their cars (esp. recently) pls update your info in the spreadsheet.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949

Back