The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Leaf yesterday! It's a silver 2011 SL that the dealer (Grand Strand Nissan in Myrtle Beach, SC) was using for a demo. I did a 38 month lease with 0 down, after having the car on an overnight test drive.

I love it! I need to get my EVSE upgraded and get a 240 outlet in the garage though. So far I'm just trickle charging it, and hopefully that'll work for the time being.

Finally - after years of dreaming of one, I have the electric car of my dreams. To think I considered a CommutaCar/Citicar, a Zap Zebra, and so many others before this. Glad I waited!

I stopped by my dealer & found that my Leaf was delivered today!
It needs to go through prep. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.
I can't wait! :cool:

The ‘short’ story:
Ordered Leaf (SL, Cheyenne Red, Mud Guards, Protection Package, Carpets) early March, Dealer: Olympia Nissan, Sales rep. would not negotiate price. We went for a test drive with my wife shortly thereafter - BAD EXPERIENCE with sales person.

Canceled my order went through Costco, Dealer: Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, WA.
Stated my experience at Olympia Nissan, Sold for $1000.00 off MSRP – expected delivery was 4/30/2012.
Blink Charging station installed 4/26/2012 (1.5 hour installation).
4/27/2012 received call from Advantage Nissan that a 2012 Leaf was delivered today (SL, Black, Carpets). They asked if I was interested…. “YES”

Purchased Leaf 4/28/2012; purchased extended warranty for 60/100 (we commute 325 miles a week, not including in-town trips), $3000.00 down, No WA sales tax, Fees, Registration, total financed 35,104.00

Buying experience: PERFECT! – Adam Greene (Sales representative) based his selling style with our knowledge – unlike my experience in Olympia. Told Adam I had a Blink Charging Station installed, I had Santa Rosa Pricing for extended warranties (matched), planned on ordering the EVSEUPGRADE (for traveling relatives in Portland, Seattle, Winlock, Federal Way, etc.) and explained some of the features and he showed me the basics of operating the Navigation system and what was on his checklist and we were done! The Finance Manager did not try to push anything and matched Santa Rosa Ext. Warranty Pricing.

All-In-All the purchasing experience went GREAT!

bluester said:
The ‘short’ story:
<snip> purchased extended warranty for 60/100 <snip>
- why? I could find no good reason to purchase the extended warranty from the dealer. I've owned mine for 15 months and only needed to pay for a tire rotation. most of the major items are covered under the Nissan warranty. Now if it covered the pack at some specified remaining SOC after X years then I might be interested.

Congrats on the car though. You'll love it. Join up with the Seattle Leaf Owners group on Facebook as well.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
- why? I could find no good reason to purchase the extended warranty from the dealer. I've owned mine for 15 months and only needed to pay for a tire rotation. most of the major items are covered under the Nissan warranty. Now if it covered the pack at some specified remaining SOC after X years then I might be interested.

Congrats on the car though. You'll love it. Join up with the Seattle Leaf Owners group on Facebook as well.

Well, my main reason is that the 3/36 will end in about 2.5 years for us as we drive approximately 17,000 miles a year commuting alone. My wife and I thought... $766.00 was not that much compared if the A/C or something other than the battery goes wrong before 60 months. I may be off my rocker..... who knows.... :)

bluester said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:

Well, my main reason is that the 3/36 will end in about 2.5 years for us as we drive approximately 17,000 miles a year commuting alone. My wife and I thought... $766.00 was not that much compared if the A/C or something other than the battery goes wrong before 60 months. I may be off my rocker..... who knows.... :)

well - cool for you. my thought is that the price of the warranty would likely exceed any issues encountered (and of course that is the bet they have too by selling it to you). Again - you'll love the car and welcome to being a LEAF loving owner.

SeattleBlueLeaf well - cool for you. my thought is that the price of the warranty would likely exceed any issues encountered (and of course that is the bet they have too by selling it to you). Again - you'll love the car and welcome to being a LEAF loving owner." /quote said:
Thanks... I will join the Seattle Leaf Owner's Forum tonight....

For someone who drives a lot of miles, extended warranty would come in very handy. Also not to mention that they would save a lot on gas just because they drive more.

We got the Leaf last week having pre-ordered 5 months ago.
It is a 2012 white pearl.
We use the 220V/10A charger connected to a dedicated socket.

The car is very nice to drive and fits perfectly our life style.
Smooth and sweet as every car should be.

In Italy we don't have incentives but for 5 years there is no annual tax.

We have a 9 KW PV on the roof so it is amazing to charge the Leaf when the sun is high in the sky.

I think the European Leaf setting turns on the fog light while daytime.
Does the Usa Leaf do the same?

Paolo said:
We got the Leaf last week having pre-ordered 5 months ago.
It is a 2012 white pearl.
We use the 220V/10A charger connected to a dedicated socket.

The car is very nice to drive and fits perfectly our life style.
Smooth and sweet as every car should be.

In Italy we don't have incentives but for 5 years there is no annual tax.

We have a 9 KW PV on the roof so it is amazing to charge the Leaf when the sun is high in the sky.

I think the European Leaf setting turns on the fog light while daytime.
Does the Usa Leaf do the same?

Paolo: The American version does not turn on the fog lights in daytime driving.

After a month of delays, I finally got my Cayenne Red 2012 Nissan LEAF SV. I had to pay a little bit more per month due to not having tier 0 credit worthiness (I got tier 1 though) and they structured my payments around a lower down payment, but in the end, it was still a good deal and much better than pre-May money factor rates. I'm still on trickle charging and am able to manage a ~50 mile commute just fine only relying on opportunity charging. I love driving gas free. :)

kubel said:
After a month of delays, I finally got my Cayenne Red 2012 Nissan LEAF SV. I had to pay a little bit more per month due to not having tier 0 credit worthiness (I got tier 1 though) and they structured my payments around a lower down payment, but in the end, it was still a good deal and much better than pre-May money factor rates. I'm still on trickle charging and am able to manage a ~50 mile commute just fine only relying on opportunity charging. I love driving gas free. :)
For the cargo cover, search on ebay. There are many listings.

We just picked up our new red Leaf yesterday! Poring over the owner's manual trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. So excited to finally have it! I think we're the 5th one in Oklahoma to get one. :)

Finally!!! On Monday I leased a Blue Ocean Leaf SL from dealer stock at Fontana Nissan. I had been back and forth on this decision for the last 2 years!

I was one of the original Mini E drivers, then I did the $99 reservation when the Leaf program was first announced. I canceled that reservation when my turn came up because I was concerned about the possibility of battery overheating. My Mini E battery would overheat on very hot days here in the Mojave desert. Like the Leaf, it was force-air cooled. After following mynissanleaf.com for almost 2 years, I can see the Leaf handles the heat better than the Mini E. I also nearly leased the BMW Active E (a bit more than I wanted to pay) and the Volt (decided I wanted a purely electric car).

Fortunately I was able to keep my Clipper Creek box after the Mini E program ended, so after upgrading the plug to J1772 standards, I'm good to go!

Finally! After 2 yrs waiting for Nissan to sell LEAFs in Wisconsin I got my Cayenne SL.

Here is out first free public charging.

Cheers!

http://www.dropbox.com/s/atbmg4s861vk37y/2012-06-07%2018.49.06%20HDR.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back