The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kwirky said:
Got my Leaf yesterday! I love it!

Although I have to get used to the gear shift- I put the car in "park" this morning and leaned over to get my coffee cup, only to find myself rolling backwards...I had shifted to "R" instead of pressing the "P" button! Der.....
Use the parking brake. easy to get used to, and will prevent this type of problem.

Hi Everyone! I am THRILLED to be a new LEAF owner! I had ordered a 2012 Blue Ocean in August 2011 which was due to arrive in December. However after attending a screening of 'Revenge of the Electric Car', I couldn' t wait one second more! So I sold my 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan which had 120,000 gas-guzzling miles on it and headed over to my local dealer which had some 2011 LEAF orphans.
It only took about 2 hours at the dealership to work out the lease and then on 11/11/11 I drove home in my beautiful 2011 Glacier Pearl LEAF!
I am having SO much fun driving this car and am giving all my friends rides in it. I keep it on ECO mode most of the time but even so it is like a ROCKET! (a silent, emission-free rocket that is!)
Love this forum and see you on the road!

Elaine

Which Orlando dealer did you buy yours from?
I am waiting for my Silver LEAF to show up at Sutherlin Nissan of Orlando...supposed to be week of 12/18...

mschurig01 said:
I am waiting for my Silver LEAF to show up at Sutherlin Nissan of Orlando...supposed to be week of 12/18...
I got mine from Sutherlin. They are nice guys and were patient with my hounding them for delivery updates :)

Luke

LukeFL said:
mschurig01 said:
I got mine from Sutherlin. They are nice guys and were patient with my hounding them for delivery updates :)

Luke

That's awesome to hear! I've been waiting over a year and chose Sutherlin Nissan after several recommendations here. I'm supposed to be the week of 12/18 ( just got pushed back from the week of the 13th :(
Did you buy or lease?

After hearing about the Leaf on the radio 2 years ago, I knew I wanted one. I got on the waiting list in early 2011. I did a test drive in DC in March. I ordered in August and took delivery this week on Monday 11/28 after work. The Nissan dealership is a mile down the road from my office. I drove it home in the dark with the fabulous lighted dashboard glowing at me.

Picked up my white (erm, sorry... Glacier Pearl :) 2012 SV this afternoon with 9 miles on the odometer! :)

The whole transaction was smooth and took about 2 hours. Well done Tim at Crown Nissan in Birmingham!

Cheers, Bert

After visiting the car two days ago, I officially have it. The disclosure forms were interesting to read and sign. Seems to be a way to void warranty if you don't follow suggestions and warnings. My salesperson walked through everything this morning and it took a good two hours.
On the funny side, the car read 105 miles even on cold Chicago day. However, as soon as I turned on the defrost, mileage dipped into the 70 mile range.

So far on a old rainy day, I've driven about 25 miles (minimal hgwy) and car says I have about 65 miles left. I expect to drive another 40 miles no problem.

It feels great. The car is soo quiet and fun to drive.

Hi! Leased our new '12 Leaf SL today. It's Cayenne Red. We picked it up from Nissan Sunnyvale, dealt with Dennis, very knowledgeable. Looking forward to learning and sharing plenty with the board!

I picked up my 2012 Glacier Pearl SL on 11/30 from Maroone Nissan of Delray Beach. We have just over 140 miles on it so far and it is totally awesome! Extremely quiet to drive and surprisingly fast off the line in D mode (instant torque). Averaging 4.3 miles/kWh, which costs about 2.5 cents per mile. The car that the Leaf replaced is a 4Runner, which was averaging around 23 cents per mile. So my net savings is about 20 cents per mile, or about $2,000 for 10,000 miles annually. Bonus! :)

2012 Cayenne Red SL picked up on Thursday, December 01. We already have 160 miles on it. The highlight thus far has been parking in the dedicated charging spots at the local mall - Roseville Galleria. It has made holiday shopping a million times more bearable. I almost feel sorry for the ICE vehicles that pull halfway into the spots before realizing that they're EV-only. Someone should set up a webcam to capture the disappointment.

:twisted:

unhookt said:
... I almost feel sorry for the ICE vehicles that pull halfway into the spots before realizing that they're EV-only. Someone should set up a webcam to capture the disappointment.

:twisted:

I like that idea; it would make for a funny comedy segment. However in my experience, after noticing, the ICE drivers would say &*^% it and park there anyways.

Are there strict ticketing policies at that mall? Otherwise, I'd say, prepare for the disappointment of EV charging spots being available. :(

BTW, congrats on the new car :mrgreen:

Picked up my white 2012 SV yesterday from Hove Nissan in Bradley. I took the train from Chicago to Kankakee and RJ from Hove picked me up at the train station in his 2011 SL demo. The transaction was smooth and enjoyable. I met Brad Hove, the owner, and he too seemed to be genuinely excited about selling his first electric car. I listened to NPR's special programming on the former governor's jail sentencing while driving on Cicero on the way home. The quintessential Illinois experience! After I was confident that I would make it home without a charge boost, I turned on the seat/steering wheel heater, popped in a CD, and got on highway 57. But before I did, I couldn't resist making a little hand gesture to the gas station on my right. :)

I guess I should post it here even if I'm a couple of days late... ;)

My wife and I rode the motorcycle to the dealership after giving the keys to our former car to the new owner on Monday. We had done the paperwork on Saturday so all that was left was a few signatures and calling Allstate to add the car and drop the one we sold.

She loved being the first one to drive our new car; before, she liked being the passenger, but now, I want to split the drive more evenly as I know she enjoys driving the LEAF as much as I do. I'm still the one who parks it in reverse in our narrow garage.

The guy that does the paint protection film is coming today to cover the entire front of the car with the clear film, and maybe in the next couple of weeks I will take it to have the windows tinted.

We are a one (all electric) car family!

Quick note to say we picked up our LEAF yesterday at Crossroads Nissan, Wake Forest, NC

But I don't really have time now to hang out on the forum. Too busy driving it and trying to figure out how to use it!

We picked up our 2012 Glacier Pearl White Leaf on December 8th from Wallace Nissan in Stuart, FL. I was their first delivery. Today was "Pearl's" first real outing, and it has been real interesting. That dash gauge really is a Guess-o-meter! :D

I picked up my blue SL from Stevens Creek Nissan a couple of hours ago.

I've learned a lot from reading this board, although I've only just now finally registered.

Going to go place my EVSE upgrade order!

Back