The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picked up mine today also. Kurt @ Santa Monica Nissan was great with the orientation. And working out lease terms in advance helped to keep finance surprises away and made for a great experience all around this morning.

Kids are super excited to be picked up at school today in the EV!

Received almost instant feedback from Kyle re: the CVRP rebate was approved. Awesome! I'm still dealing with ecotality issues delaying installation of the L2 evse, but i'm sure i'll be fine with L1 for a while.

This is going to be amazing!

Got mine tonight from Mossy Nissan Oceanside. Me, Mrs. lonndoggie and the little pups are all beside ourselves, it's so freakin' cool. Worth the wait (although I could've done with a bit less of that).

On a side note, they just got their first orphan--a silver one. All others before that went through. Interesting, no?

Lovin' me some LEAF right now!

LDog

lonndoggie said:
Got mine tonight from Mossy Nissan Oceanside. Me, Mrs. lonndoggie and the little pups are all beside ourselves, it's so freakin' cool. Worth the wait (although I could've done with a bit less of that).

On a side note, they just got their first orphan--a silver one. All others before that went through. Interesting, no?

Lovin' me some LEAF right now!

LDog

Congratulations Londoggie! I think a lot of us were pulling for this delivery to happen. Glad it finally did. I'll nominate you for the annual MNL "Calmest Under Pressure" award. :lol:

Picked up my red Leaf at Boardwalk in Redwood Ciry yesterday. Add +1 to the S.F. Count. Ecstatic. Reserved 4-20-10, ordered 11-30-10, VIN (4335) received and Carwings activated 5-20-11. Now: less lurking on on this board, more joyriding up and down the local hills. As a realtor in S.F., this is the perfect car for me. I drive an average of 25 miles per day, with lots of stop-and-go.

I got mine last night from Dobbs Nissan in Collierville, TN.

We were there for about 3 and 1/2 hours. Aside from the "walk through" of features for the car, and signing the disclosure that I'm aware that the car is not typical, the experience was very typical of buying a car from any car dealership.

We're leasing it (all inclusive figures):
39 months (nope, that's not a typo)
15,000 miles/year
$2,000 down
$395.67/month

Reserved: 4/20/2010
Ordered: 9/9/2010
Delivered: 6/15/2011 (finally!)

Configuration: Silver, SL Model, Floor Mats, Quick Charge Port

I picked up my red LEAF this morning from Mossy Nissan Escondido. Chris was great and no real preasure to buy extra "stuff" I was so worried about the rebate expiring and the fact that you could only apply the day you purchase or pick up the vehicle, that at 04:00 this morning I filled out the rebate form on line and sent it to Kyle at the CCSE. By 08:00 I was in the reservation system. I took the paperwork straight to him after I left the dealer and handed it to him! He says that the current rebate will be depleated in just a few more days. I have driven the car six miles so far and can't stop smiling! :D

I will be the first LEAF in Elfin Forest for thoes of you who know where that is.

clint said:
I got mine last night from Dobbs Nissan in Collierville, TN.
Congratulations clint!!!!
First one I've seen reported in west TN.
Was one on the spreadsheet in Jackson, but none in the Memphis area.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours.

Picked up my silver e-tec June 4 in Seattle (ordered it August 30, 2010!) Because I'm retired I am looking for excuses to go driving- so far only about 80 miles on it. This is the first time I've been an "early adopter" of anything, so it is a leap of faith.

Thanks to all the earlier posters, who have made it a lot easier for us chickens.

I turned in a 2007 Honda Fit when I got the Leaf. It'll be a tough act to follow--but so far so good.

rkarl

Other car is a 2005 Prius

Got mine today, very happy with it, looks and drives great!
Also with a 39 month lease, seemed a better deal than the 36.
Happy in Portland, Oregon!

It goes without saying that all of you new owners in California are putting your reservations in to the CVRP web site immediately on the day you take delivery, to reserve your rebate funds, right? By my calculations, we're down to 83 more $5k rebates at this moment.

Reserved on 4/19/10 (hours after enabled)
Ordered 10/31/10 (as soon as I was allowed)
Estimated delivery now at 6/9 (the date kept changing)
Given a initial statement of 4-7 months and the earthquake,
it is understandable however, dealer is clueless and I
am growing ever more impatient.
Check the website twice a day to see if date will slip again!!!
So far it is holding at 6/9, I think this is a good thing?

Installed (28) 200W panels additional to a 2.8KW PV system bringing
total to 8.3 KW. Enough for house and my 70 mile commute.

I finally got the car today. Just waiting for it to fully charge since I have 85 miles drive home. It's going to be an adventure. Thank you Razzari Nissan Merced. You really came through for me.

We got our Leaf today :D . Great experience at Wilsonville Nissan. Highly recommend Joel and his staff for any Nissan buy. Drove home 46 miles and used less than 50% of the battery (was close to 100%), and grew 3.5 trees (ECO most of the time). The stop an go traffic helped, I guess. 55 miles left.

A pleasure to drive. I had the first non-believer for a ride (a parent at my daughter school). He was impressed (I did not used the ECO mode ;) ). More power than my 13 and 12 years old V6 cars.

I am going to be busy this weekend. See you on the road.

I've had my Leaf for a week now. Fantastic car, not as fast as my MINI E but WAY more room inside and lots of electronics to play with. The memory of waiting 14 month for it is quickly fading.

Got our leaf on 18 June at Hanlees Nissan in Richmond, CA. So far loving it. Went into San Francisco for Stern Grove Festival and on the way back another red leaf pulled up behind me on Oak St. and flashed his lights. Taxidan . . . was that you? Anyway after many months of lurking here and feeling the ups and downs as with everyone else . . . very happy to be driving it, finally!

Yes, that was me. Just coming back from a "joyride" to Devil's Slide. We first saw you ahead of us near GG Park, and had to work to catch up. You were our first sighting since getting the car last Wednesday. Nice to meet you!

mpr said:
Also with a 39 month lease, seemed a better deal than the 36. Happy in Portland, Oregon!

"Seemed" may be right. You realize that the warranty expires in 36 months? Unless you pay for an extended warranty, you will be without a warranty for 3 months. I chose not to gamble, and took the 36 which was only about $10 more a month.

LEAFfan said:
mpr said:
Also with a 39 month lease, seemed a better deal than the 36. Happy in Portland, Oregon!

"Seemed" may be right. You realize that the warranty expires in 36 months? Unless you pay for an extended warranty, you will be without a warranty for 3 months. I chose not to gamble, and took the 36 which was only about $10 more a month.

Not to mention paying 1 full years worth of DMV for only 3 months of driving.

Back