The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 Leaf SL - no premium package, but everything else
Spent 4 hours at Sheehey Nissan in Springfield, VA going back and forth with the sales manager about the lease details, but in the end, we got what we wanted.

Picked it up on Monday evening after work, and I love it! My daily commute is 48 miles each way, with access to a L2 charger at the Odenton, MD MARC station during the day.

I'm currently waiting for delivery of a Bosch L2 charger for my home, and my EV setup will be complete.

-G

Picked up my 2013 Leaf S with charging package December 23rd after waiting 3 years to buy one. Black with black, only 4 miles having just come off the truck at Autonation Nissan in Lewisville.

My commute is only 10 miles but we are using the car for most family outings so far. ClipperCreek HCS-40 being installed next week.

Fantastic little car.

2013-12-23 20.02.03.jpg

Just recently leased a 2013 SL. White with black leather. Was pretty painless leasing it, and drives like a dream. Can anyone else with an SL tell me if they have noticed any excessive seat wear or stretching of the leather on the driver seat? I posted this in the problems thread also. Below is a pic of what I am experiencing. Curious if any other SL owners are having the issue, or I should fight with the dealership.
thanks,

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/35/hyci.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topdawg235 said:
Just recently leased a 2013 SL. White with black leather. Was pretty painless leasing it, and drives like a dream. Can anyone else with an SL tell me if they have noticed any excessive seat wear or stretching of the leather on the driver seat? I posted this in the problems thread also. Below is a pic of what I am experiencing. Curious if any other SL owners are having the issue, or I should fight with the dealership.
thanks,

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/35/hyci.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a sag and a stretch where my billfold hits the seat and I was wondering if this is an issue also.

I have stopped having it in my back pocket, but the sag and ripple remains.

A foot of snow here today, so not the best time to post a picture, but I will when the weather is more permitting.

(Mine is an SL also.)

Took delivery of my Leaf SL w/fast charge port from Yark Automotive in Toledo, OH on Dec. 26th. Been wanting an electric car for a long time, and now is the time! I leased it for only 2 years, first time that I didn't simply buy the car outright, but I'm concerned about resale value and what new technology is coming.

Ran it out of juice the first night, hit the LBW at 1/4 mile from my buddy's, with 13 miles showing on the Range display. Figured no problem, as we live only 3 miles away. Shut it down and went inside for a quick visit. Upon attempting to leave a little while later, the car wouldn't go into either Drive or Reverse, it just sat there. Dunno if it's supposed to do that or not, had I known, I'd have not gotten out of the car, I'd have turned around and gone directly home. As it was, the incident couldn't have happened at a better place; he ran me home to pick up the charger cord and he already had an extension cord in his drive for his Ford Diesel. I let it sit for 24 hours and all was well.

Since then, I've found the "% of Charge" display, is that more accurate than the "Miles Remaining"? At what % of charge can I expect the LBW?

Been driving it every day since, my VW Passat is feeling very lonely!

Got my Schnieder Electric EVSE yesterday from Home Depot and did a quicky temporary hookup to my 40 amp welding receptacle. It'll be nice to be able to charge it quickly, as I often do some running around at noonish, then go out later on. Range is suffering in the cold and snow; we got about 9" yesterday and it was 6 below zero this morning. They're forecasting -13 Monday night! Fortunately, I can get it into my barn, albeit in an unheated area. A garage is "on order", should be built in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting.

I love it so far, am starting to feel comfortable with most of the controls and displays.

Found a black "G" Leaf as they call them here in Japan. I think it's the SL everywhere else, basically the top-of-the-line model. It was a dealer test-drive car that's in perfect shape with 6K KM. New price in Japan is $38K, with the option of a $7000 rebate, but we got ours for $18K. Should be able to pick it up in 10 days or so! So much for depreciation huh? :D

Looking forward to having a car with a sound system that works, and massively cheaper transportation bills :D Will most likely get rid of our twin turbo Legacy in the coming weeks or months if everything goes smoothly. Looking to save about $1500 a year between gas, maintenance, insurance, taxes and inspections.

In the spring I will be putting the stock summer tires on a different set or rims, possibly some lightweight gold rims. Tinting and adding a subwoofer perhaps as well :D

Rather than an XM radio button, we get TV when in Park.

NSFW Shot (just playing :D )

Congratulations treinjapan. Yeah that looks like our 2011/2012 SL due to the presence of the backup camera (SV's like mine did not have this feature at any cost before the 2013 model) and the solar panel on the rear spoiler. Pre-2013 SV's and I think some early SL's also do not have a CHAdeMO port; does yours have one?

Interesting pic of the center stack, with the "TV/AUX" button.

Are those temporary delivery license plates on the car, or are those permanent ones? In many US states like California, used cars are usually sold with the license plates that were originally issued to the car when it was new. In other states, when you sell your car you remove the license plate and transfer it to your new car.

Had mine delivered Wednesday, a Magnetic Red Acenta Spec 2013 Leaf. Here in the UK we have three trim levels, Visia, Acenta and Tekna.

Visia lacks the multimedia head unit, new heater and rapid charger and has 16" steel wheels. Acenta has multimedia, rear view camera, both charge options, folding mirrors, 16" alloys. Tekna has around view, leather, heated seats and steering wheel and the hi-fi with bass speaker.

I've added Brodit mounts and cradles (think you guys know them as ProClipUSA?) for my iPhone5 and a Nexus5 running LeafSpy. Still to fit is the BlackVue camera. Have also added 'ELECTRIC' chrome badging to the rear tailgate.

Had a massive grin ever since I got it, love the silence, and boy can it shift when ECO is switched off!

RonDawg said:
Congratulations treinjapan. Yeah that looks like our 2011/2012 SL due to the presence of the backup camera (SV's like mine did not have this feature at any cost before the 2013 model) and the solar panel on the rear spoiler. Pre-2013 SV's and I think some early SL's also do not have a CHAdeMO port; does yours have one?

Interesting pic of the center stack, with the "TV/AUX" button.

Are those temporary delivery license plates on the car, or are those permanent ones? In many US states like California, used cars are usually sold with the license plates that were originally issued to the car when it was new. In other states, when you sell your car you remove the license plate and transfer it to your new car.

Yes, I think all the Leafs in Japan come with both chargers. I've never seen one that didn't have the big one and the small one!

Those are the "original" plates since this was a test drive car. But I think they'll be changed when the car is registered to us.

RonDawg said:
IIRC and based upon http://green.autoblog.com/2011/07/19/2012-nissan-leaf-higher-price-tag-standard-equipment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, for the US market, 2012 Leaf SL had the CHAdeMO port standard. On the '11, you had to have the SL then pay $700 more for the CHAdeMO port. For those early adopters w/CHAdeMO on the '11, those ports were pretty darn useless for awhile due to lack of CHAdeMO DC FCs in the US back then.

For the '13, the CHAdeMO port is available on all trims, but is part of a package on the S and SV trims while standard on the SL.

Hope treinjapan feels he got a good deal vs. say a new or used '13 (if available). There are so many nice incremental improvements on the '13 that he should be aware of, based on the links I'd posted earlier.

cwerdna said:
RonDawg said:
IIRC and based upon http://green.autoblog.com/2011/07/19/2012-nissan-leaf-higher-price-tag-standard-equipment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, for the US market, 2012 Leaf SL had the CHAdeMO port standard. On the '11, you had to have the SL then pay $700 more for the CHAdeMO port. For those early adopters w/CHAdeMO on the '11, those ports were pretty darn useless for awhile due to lack of CHAdeMO DC FCs in the US back then.

For the '13, the CHAdeMO port is available on all trims, but is part of a package on the S and SV trims while standard on the SL.

Hope treinjapan feels he got a good deal vs. say a new or used '13 (if available). There are so many nice incremental improvements on the '13 that he should be aware of, based on the links I'd posted earlier.

Yeah, we do have the CHAdeMO port on ours! I did a lot of research before deciding on the one that we got (I don't know if it's considered a '12 or '13 in the US equivalent because things are a bit different here...), and decided that the updated heater, slightly better range, B mode and the few other updates that I missed out on were not worth a 35% boost in price for the kind of driving we do.

^^^
Besides what you mentioned, to me, for my '13 Leaf, the 6 kW OBC is nice as is Around View Monitor (love it). I like the Bose stereo as it's definitely an upgrade from the base stereo. The % SoC meter is very helpful, but you can get tools (or apps like Leaf Spy in conjunction w/a Bluetooth dongle + Android device) to get battery gids (to use as a proxy for % SoC). I also really like having the heat pump heater and the dedicated heater on/off button.

And, a '13, esp. a newer one will have more remaining capacity (less degradation) than a '12.

I'd already posted links w/info on the JDM '13 Leaf awhile back, that you saw. Again, under the hood, they look totally different and the '13 doesn't have the hump in the back where the OBC went.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Besides what you mentioned, to me, for my '13 Leaf, the 6 kW OBC is nice as is Around View Monitor (love it). I like the Bose stereo as it's definitely an upgrade from the base stereo. The % SoC meter is very helpful, but you can get tools (or apps like Leaf Spy in conjunction w/a Bluetooth dongle + Android device) to get battery gids (to use as a proxy for % SoC). I also really like having the heat pump heater and the dedicated heater on/off button.

And, a '13, esp. a newer one will have more remaining capacity (less degradation) than a '12.

I'd already posted links w/info on the JDM '13 Leaf awhile back, that you saw. Again, under the hood, they look totally different and the '13 doesn't have the hump in the back where the OBC went.

Yeah, I was kinda wanting the Bose stereo, but I found out that even if I could get my hands on a used '13, most of them don't have the Bose, as that's an option in Japan...! The dealers all recommended that I just use the money I save and go get a nice system installed for way less, haha.

Picked up my 2014 SV in Gunmetal in Canada today. Ordered it back at the beginning of November 2013. Couldn't have picked a worse day to do it as it was cold and windy at about -15c at mid day. Car worked perfectly though and did about 55km - 30km highway and the rest city. Didn't really baby it and had the climate control going the whole time and when I plugged in had 48 percent charge left. I was expecting to get more like 80-90km on a charge in this kind of weather so I am pleasantly surprised given the fact that I was doing 110km/h on the highway on the way back.

Couldn't setup carwings because of a problem with the 2014 VINs but they said that should be resolved in the next couple days. My EVSE is getting installed tomorrow and the tint installed in the car on Friday. Super happy with the car and how it drives. Huge smile all the way home.

kaikara said:
Picked up my 2014 SV in Gunmetal in Canada today. Ordered it back at the beginning of November 2013. Couldn't have picked a worse day to do it as it was cold and windy at about -15c at mid day. Car worked perfectly though and did about 55km - 30km highway and the rest city. Didn't really baby it and had the climate control going the whole time and when I plugged in had 48 percent charge left. I was expecting to get more like 80-90km on a charge in this kind of weather so I am pleasantly surprised given the fact that I was doing 110km/h on the highway on the way back.

Couldn't setup carwings because of a problem with the 2014 VINs but they said that should be resolved in the next couple days. My EVSE is getting installed tomorrow and the tint installed in the car on Friday. Super happy with the car and how it drives.

I know the feeling :D

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 112
Well Carwings got fixed and my 2014 is all setup. Got the tint done too and it looks great. Only thing still not working is we get special plates in Ontario that allow use of the HOV lanes. The 2014 still isn't in the system so they can't give me the plates. I have to use normal ones until that gets fixed.

Otherwise the car has been great and performed beyond my expectations if that was possible.

Just finished up all the paperwork for my Leaf. Now to drive 80 miles to pick up the car... Gotta go charge it part way back, so that'll be fun.

Howdy gang - recently purchased a previously owned 2011 SL (loaded with solar, camera, etc) with 28K miles and a newly replaced battery pack (because of bar losses in AZ). I'm cautiously optimistic heading into our first summer with the Leaf. I didn't get the gory details about the fight for a new pack but I do have the paperwork from the dealer showing a new pack.

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcements regarding the changed/updated battery chemistry that is supposed to work better in hot climates.

The car will primarily be driven by my lovely wife to run around town.

Just installed the Blink EVSE that was included with the car.

Back