The Good Old Kill Switch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wennfred

We saw on another thread, Leaf Stolen, has anyone installed a Kill Switch? I'm thinking of getting this done now since I live 1 mile from the Mexican border. Had LoJack on a 2006 Tundra, never had to use it and the LoJack warnings were 20 to 30 minutes late when it did go off.

Fred

You can't hotwire or jump a Leaf like you can an ICE, so there is no real reason for a kill switch... Towing it away is a thiefs best option.

Wennfred said:
We saw on another thread, Leaf Stolen, has anyone installed a Kill Switch? I'm thinking of getting this done now since I live 1 mile from the Mexican border. Had LoJack on a 2006 Tundra, never had to use it and the LoJack warnings were 20 to 30 minutes late when it did go off.

TomT said:
You can't hotwire or jump a Leaf like you can an ICE, so there is no real reason for a kill switch... Towing it away is a thiefs best option.

Wennfred said:

Agree.
And there is already a "Kill Switch"
The big fuse in the back seat floor.
I put knurled screws on my "cover", so I can pull it in seconds.
But as the other poster said, If it's really going to be stolen, It's going to be towed.

1HVDisconnect_zps5f8db17d.jpg

Back