The EvGo quick charger at Belt Line Rd & Dallas North Toll

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danal

I used the EvGo quick charger in front of the Walgreens at Belt Line Road and Dallas North Tollway for the first time today. Everything worked fine.

By the way, I am on a 'plan' that is not (yet) on EvGo's website: Network Only. This is $19 initiation, $39 per month, and $99 early termination if you cancel in the first year. AND... they will not bill the monthly fee until there are 70 chargers online in the DFW market area. I find it unlikely they will have 70 in the next 12 months, so I should never get into the early termination fee. I will decide at that time whether to continue, and meanwhile, I have access to a QC.

One bit of trivia that I haven't seen elsewhere: The angled top surface of the EvGo EVSE spire has a circle of lights in it. Note that the "pie chart" of lights approximates the % of charge. The last light in the circle flashes. This can be seen from quite far away, for example from inside the store. Very nice.

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Is EvGo planning to do anything outside of Dallas and Houston ?

How about states other than Texas ?

KJD

GA could use them. I was visiting my Brother (in DFW area)the week before thanksgiving. He took me to a place called Twin Peaks (not the TV show) and there in front were two L2 chargers. Must be nice.

Danal said:
One bit of trivia that I haven't seen elsewhere: The angled top surface of the EvGo EVSE spire has a circle of lights in it. Note that the "pie chart" of lights approximates the % of charge. The last light in the circle flashes. This can be seen from quite far away, for example from inside the store. Very nice.

That is cool. I noticed that too last time I was there.

KJD said:
Is EvGo planning to do anything outside of Dallas and Houston ? How about states other than Texas ?

EvGo has been talking with partners in other cities about installing chargers but that is all I know. For now they are focused on Texas, and Houston and Dallas are the roll-out cities.

I have had problems with our lonely fast charger on Belt Line. I starts to charge for about 5-10 seconds and then quits. After a rather lengthy stay one day during which another Leaf owner came, charged, and left without incident, :eek: I discovered my account hadn't been activated (and yet it let me start a charge?)

Fortunately EvGo has provided me really good customer service and did resolve the situation by remotely activating the machine. Right as I was leaving some tech guys even showed up to verify the unit was working properly.

I've been meaning to get by and test it again but just curious if anyone else has had problems? I was beginning to think my Leaf was defective!

I have used this charger at least a dozen times already. The one big problem is getting the charger back into the its home dock and it registering it there (you really have to push and wiggle). Its actually due to this particular charging being a prototype, it was up and running before UL certification. After the certification, some design changes occured for the recepticle to mount easier when done.

None-the less, I have definetely gotten my use out of it. Maybe I will catch other DFW leafers there eventually!

Pipcecil said:
I have used this charger at least a dozen times already. The one big problem is getting the charger back into the its home dock and it registering it there (you really have to push and wiggle). Its actually due to this particular charging being a prototype, it was up and running before UL certification. After the certification, some design changes occured for the recepticle to mount easier when done.

None-the less, I have definetely gotten my use out of it. Maybe I will catch other DFW leafers there eventually!

I happened to run into the rep, and he told/showed me how to "pop" it back in. Punch it in there very abruptly.

And you are correct, this is all from the 2nd generation of the sleeve in the holster. Perhaps there will be a third gen.

Back