The Carpool lane stickers are CURSED!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

Ok... this is so unbelievable and unlucky I can't stop laughing.

Last November/December someone backed into my car in a parking garage (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) the day after I put my carpool stickers on.

The whole rear of the car had to be replaced and new stickers ordered.

Well I got new stickers but didn't put them on for a long time because I rarely take the freeway. Well last night I was on the 134 in traffic and I was cursing myself for not having the stickers on.

So this morning I put the stickers on. Can you guess what just happened?

Yes... SOMEONE JUST REAR ENDED ME ON VINELAND.

The bumpers all scuffed up and the top is separated a bit from the car. Ironically the damage seems less than the low speed accident where the lady backed into my car.

Getting a repair estimate on Saturday.

I'm really doubting whether I'll put the stickers back on if they have to be taken off to do the repair.

THEY'RE CURSED!

I guess I got the good side of the Yin-Yang there.
My carpool stickers had arrived right AFTER someone had rear-ended me, so I didn't have to re-apply, and just put them on the new bumper cover when I got the car back from the body shop.
Over a year later, and no other incidents.

cdub said:
I'm really doubting whether I'll put the stickers back on if they have to be taken off to do the repair
Actually you can't. Removing the sicker destroys them. You'll see "void" appear all over the sticker. I guess that stops people from stealing them from your car.

ENIAC said:
cdub said:
I'm really doubting whether I'll put the stickers back on if they have to be taken off to do the repair
Actually you can't. Removing the sicker destroys them. You'll see "void" appear all over the sticker. I guess that stops people from stealing them from your car.

Actually you CAN. I know all too well. Just send back the old removed stickers and they'll send you another set for another $9 ducks.

It's sad that I already know that. :( I still can't believe I was rear ended today. Right after putting those stickers on. It's a curse I tell you.

My mom was at a stop light while riding with some friends in Honolulu and was telling them about her curse - people rear-end her when she is stopped at red traffic signals. Just as soon as the words were out of her mouth, someone rear-ended the car!

The day my carpool stickers arrived, I slapped them on and told my mom I was going out to find some carpool lane to drive in before they went inactive at 7pm. Since she came along for the drive, I was redundantly able to use the carpool lane (2 or more passengers.) So far no collisions, even at red lights. I've had a number of close calls though. The replacement 2-tone 115dB horn has done a lot to fend off lane intrusions, now that the Leaf sounds like a Lincoln towncar. I am still thinking about getting some 18-wheeler airhorns or even a train horn. It would be fun to cause some of these zombie drivers to soil themselves.

I just taped one of the stickers in the bottom left of my rear window. I travel in the the car pool lane every day and have been passed by the Highway Patrol on many occasions. I've never once been pulled over and told to slap them on my bumpers.

Back