That escalated quickly

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffcohoon

Hello all.
About 10 days ago , I brought my wife's 2014 Fusion in for a pre check for our regional vehicle inspection program.
The result was that we needed a car. I was assigned purchasing duties with instructions that she wanted an EV.
After some days of internet binge searching, I headed out to the local Nissan store and got a 23 Leaf SV+.
It has been a bit of a revelation driving this car. I had no idea.

jeffcohoon said:
Hello all.
About 10 days ago , I brought my wife's 2014 Fusion in for a pre check for our regional vehicle inspection program.
The result was that we needed a car. I was assigned purchasing duties with instructions that she wanted an EV.
After some days of internet binge searching, I headed out to the local Nissan store and got a 23 Leaf SV+.
It has been a bit of a revelation driving this car. I had no idea.

Did you get in on Lease or straight out purchase?

jeffcohoon said:
Purchased. Through Nissan.

Interesting, so even without the tax break, the dealership was able to work out an acceptable deal for you?

On the driving of the Leaf, I had the same feeling over a decade ago back in the Gen 1 Leaf days, when I test drove it and was impressed that it was just a "car". Had AC/Heat, acceptable acceleration for the time. The range was limited, so I had no illusions of doing cross-country trips, but for a "workhorse" car, it served the role very well. Today, I can do cross country trips in my more modern Leaf+, provided I plan accordingly, but so far I've been very pleased all these years. As someone who was accustomed to doing all the car repairs and maintenance myself, it was nice to just Not have to do that and save a ton of money on gas as well. :lol:

knightmb said:
jeffcohoon said:
Purchased. Through Nissan.

Interesting, so even without the tax break, the dealership was able to work out an acceptable deal for you?

On the driving of the Leaf, I had the same feeling over a decade ago back in the Gen 1 Leaf days, when I test drove it and was impressed that it was just a "car". Had AC/Heat, acceptable acceleration for the time. The range was limited, so I had no illusions of doing cross-country trips, but for a "workhorse" car, it served the role very well. Today, I can do cross country trips in my more modern Leaf+, provided I plan accordingly, but so far I've been very pleased all these years. As someone who was accustomed to doing all the car repairs and maintenance myself, it was nice to just Not have to do that and save a ton of money on gas as well. :lol:

As someone who was accustomed to doing all the car repairs and maintenance myself, it was nice to just Not have to do that and save a ton of money on gas as well. :lol:

Completely agree- at over 60K miles and about 5 years on Leafs now, I have added windshield washer fluid, changed tires from summer to winter, and will soon probably need to replace some wiper blades. No drain oil to recycle, grubby mitts from muffler work, etc.

Back