Thanks, forum members

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

I was on this forum every day back in 2011 when I first got my Leaf - or before. I learned a great deal and always got useful replies if I asked a question. Now, 3+ years later the Leaf has become "just a car" in a good way. It's so reliable, easy to operate, and maintenance free that I seldom think about it. There are a few things I'm not entirely happy about, notably the limited range and poor QC charging, the sound system and heater, but the advantages far outweigh those drawbacks. For these reasons I don't stop by here as often as I used to. Once or twice a week maybe, and I tend to skim topic headers fast. But whenever I do read a thread, I find the quality of discourse here to be top notch, with little or no flaming and other symptoms of bad Internet karma. Posters are almost always knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. I'm confident that if I do encounter a problem, the gang here will give me excellent advice. So I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved.

As a retiree I don't drive much. My Leaf (2011 SL) has about 17,000 miles on it. I've still spent only $20 on service for it (one tire rotation). My wife drives it whenever she can, rather than her Acura TSX.

Rat said:
As a retiree I don't drive much. My Leaf (2011 SL) has about 17,000 miles on it. I've still spent only $20 on service for it (one tire rotation). My wife drives it whenever she can, rather than her Acura TSX.

Funny, my wife had no interest in the LEAF as she absolutely LOVES her 2013 TSX. But low and behold, if the LEAF is available she is driving it.

Really light driver! I put on 10k miles since May and I thought I was light.

Rat said:
I was on this forum every day back in 2011 when I first got my Leaf - or before. I learned a great deal and always got useful replies if I asked a question. Now, 3+ years later the Leaf has become "just a car" in a good way. It's so reliable, easy to operate, and maintenance free that I seldom think about it. There are a few things I'm not entirely happy about, notably the limited range and poor QC charging, the sound system and heater, but the advantages far outweigh those drawbacks. For these reasons I don't stop by here as often as I used to. Once or twice a week maybe, and I tend to skim topic headers fast. But whenever I do read a thread, I find the quality of discourse here to be top notch, with little or no flaming and other symptoms of bad Internet karma. Posters are almost always knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. I'm confident that if I do encounter a problem, the gang here will give me excellent advice. So I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved.

Rat said:

I can say the same for my '13 SL as well as being retired. Meets 95% of my needs..drive it every day, just doing life raking up 10,000 miles in two years. Greatest pleasure? Knowing that I am not polluting...100% electric!! Car Smart rotates the tires for free when I bring it in each spring for inspection, wax, polish and paint protection.

This spring I will change the cabin filter...gotta have something to do!! (Dealers porters..((The Autobarn in Evanston, Il)) wash it every week..inside as well as outsides well as applying tire dressing..doing a great job.. While there I am greeted by friendly faces and treated to a fresh brew of Starbucks, bagels, cream cheese and fresh fruit... so I put away the soap, sponge, bucket and hose.)

Back